NFL Power Rankings - DraftTek

Astrobot

maddenboy, I like your sig line. Here's how I would do what you asked for.

RD1: My rush backer is going to be Whitney Mercilus. Upshaw is the disruptive guy, but I'll take the #1 sacks and TFL guy.

RD2: I'm cheating a bit and taking Billy Winn if he's there. He's a DE but he can play with his hand up. More pressure than Bruce Irvin, who was effectively neutralized by a sub in the WVU=Clemson game.

RD3: Vinny Curry of Marshall. I was weighing Curry against Andre Branch. Branch is the Von Miller type without the speed. Branch (while he's a decent blitzer) doesn't have the sideline to sideline ability that's been lacking for the Bills. Curry sets the edge better, makes sacks (23 in last 2 years), has great size, and IMHO a higher upside.

Going all defense would be foolhardy.

RD4=Trevor Guyton DE34 Cal

RD4=Cobi Hamilton WRF Arkansas

RD5=Kellen Moore QB Boise

RD6=Justin Pugh OT Syracuse

RD7=Tony Bergstrom OT Utah

That draft warms my heart, sir.

It would feel like we were moving out of Neutral and starting to merge onto the freeway. I wanna be excited when I turn on the Bills game, knowing we are gonna kick some ass at least some of the time. Since Gailey wont commit to the run (which might be correct in today's NFL but that's all we got right now), then gimme some youngy front seven players and turn 'em loose.

This linebacker philosophy applies whether we go 3-4 or 4-3, but the players might change.

Is Curry any relation to Aaron Curry, possible draft bust?

Edited by maddenboy

That draft warms my heart, sir.

It would feel like we were moving out of Neutral and starting to merge onto the freeway. I wanna be excited when I turn on the Bills game, knowing we are gonna kick some ass at least some of the time. Since Gailey wont commit to the run (which might be correct in today's NFL but that's all we got right now), then gimme some youngy front seven players and turn 'em loose.

This linebacker philosophy applies whether we go 3-4 or 4-3, but the players might change.

Is Curry any relation to Aaron Curry, possible draft bust?

No.

Here's a wonderful summary of Vinny Curry. http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2011/8/18/2368414/vinny-curry-2012-nfl-draft-prospect-notes