[OT] TiVo and PIP - how do I make the connections?

SDS

You can only watch one show at a time. While you can record two at the same time, the DirecTV/TiVo only has one MPEG-2 decoder. So no PiP.

If you're talking about a standalone TiVo, the same thing stands; there are two outputs (on both units), but they both output the same thing (useful for connecting one to a VCR and one to the receiver/TV).

Hope that helps.

CW

no - it doesn't help. :)

178724[/snapback]

No need to have PiP if you have DirecTV/TiVo. Record both games. Watch game 1 until a commercial, then switch to the start of game 2. When there's a commerical, switch back to game 1 and FF through the commericals. Watch until a new commercial, then switch to game 2 and FF through the commericals. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I don't do that with the Bills games, but only because I do the play by play in the chatroom.

CW

I want to use the two channels that come in to my TiVo in a PIP setup, so I can watch multiple games at once.

Can this be done?

178717[/snapback]

Feed output of Tivo into your TV, Feed output of another receiver into same TV. record and watch Bills via TiVo and whatever other game the other receiver. This way if you miss something you can always watch via the TiVo