Bills Needs in the off-season

I'm dead serious about this...

The Season is over...it's Black Monday...Why the heck does George Edwards still have a job? I know The Bills don't do anything quickly...But seriously...He should have been gone already...Period...End of story... B-)

offense:

bell should be gone or at least not penciled in as the starter. pick up or draft a tackle for competition. maybe with a full offseason, hairston can emerge as a serviceable starter.

keep stevie, sign a vet WR that can stretch the field or at least take attention away from stevie. we may have a legit wr in brad smith with a full offseason.

chandler can stay or go, as long as the bills have TWO versatile tight ends.

spread offense doesnt mean you cant run the ball. but without a deep threat, the defense can cheat towards the line of scrimmage. even if its donald jones send him deep regularly. they dont have to throw it to him often, but at least it takes away a DB or two from run support and underneath coverage.

restructure fred's contract - big bonus, but the rest should be incentive based. considering his age and latest injury, it would be prudent to reward him for the past few years of him performing on the cheap but also keep the door ajar so they arent on the hook if he cant regain his "pro bowl" caliber performance.

fitz is not the answer, and he's shown it. however, it doesnt look like there's a worthwhile alternative. take a flyer on a 3rd or 4th rd qb, or just sit tight and hope we can draft a 1st rounder in 2013.

defense:

i love scott but no need to resign him with searcy in the wings.

i know the D needs to generate pass rush, but they need all around OLB talent. guys who can cover as well. TEs murder the bills. whats the point of hurrying the QB when he can just hot read to a TE that spencer johnson or kelsay is trying to cover.

dwan edwards, kyle williams, and dareus are always down line men. essentially i think they should run a "hybrid" where moats/kelsay/merriman or "pass rusher to be acquired" has a hand on the ground and plays as a DE. the other three LBs are barnett, sheppard, and the other LB acquired this offseason.

draft or sign a corner too.

so draft 2 OLBS, 1 OT, 1 CB, maybe a QB, maybe a TE, maybe a WR

not in that order, but those are the needs as i see them. what you dont draft, you go after in FA.

im not in love with the coaching, but ill wait another year to see if they can right the ship. except george edwards. if i was gm i wouldve already fired him.

Edited by uncle flap