Not a rant, just my thoughts of frustration

buffalo_bills

Im not gonna rant like a madman, just give my overall, frustrating thoughts on this team.

I haven't been a Bills fan as long as some of you, as I am still in my late teens. I haven't been around to see the great days of Jim Kelly, the super-bowl eras. Maybe that's why this year has been extra disappointing for me.

I finally got to feel what it's like to be a winner, something I've only felt with this team once before ( Back in 08 for a brief period ). After week 7, against the Redskins, which was a game I attended, we were sitting at 5-2. I was SURE this team was for real after the demolishing of the 'skins. In fact, I remember after Chandlers second TD in the game, I turned to my friend, and said "This is beautiful to watch". And it truly was for the first 7 weeks.

But as I got to a high point as a fan, things went drastically downhill. In fact, the next week, I also attended the game against the Jets. It was my first ever game at the Ralph, and I was PUMPED. Unfortunately, that was the beginning of our horrid collapse. Now we sit here, at 5-8, out of the playoffs once again.

This is the most frustrating feeling in the world. I truly thought this was the year I get to witness my first Bills playoff game. As it turns out, thats not the case. Its now a loonngggg offseason of the same old. The thing that sucks is that throughout the offseason, we're all going to be looking at the team's horrible finish, rather than the great start, where we FINALLY beat the Patriots. This is gonna be the monkey on our back for the next 9 months or so.

I simply don't know whether this team is headed in the right direction at this point or not. On paper, we seem like a good team when healthy. However, this is also the same team that has lost 6 straight, and four of those in blowout fashion. I just don't know where this is headed, although come March we will probably find out how serious Buddy is about winning.

Anyway, I think I need a break from Buffalo Bills football. I love this team more than anything, but it's becoming intolerable. I think next year is a make or break year for this organization. If it doesn't work out next year, it's time to blow it up and start over again.

Overall, I'm just dissapointed this season wasn't meant to be. Some believe in fate, some don't, but this was inevitably our fate, and we just have to accept it, as hard as it may be. Let's hope for a good offseason and draft, because I think it's Buddy's last chance at getting it right,

Good night, and im gonna say it, GO BILLS!