Aaron Maybin

I was a fan of Aaron Maybin coming out of college. His year coming into the draft was nothing short of amazing. I was excited we got him. But when he came to Buffalo, it just wasn't there. I think he got drafted and got paid and got comfy. He was given opportunities and failed. We cut him.

The Jets signed him and then the Jets cut him.

Because of injuries, he was brought back. He now plays with intensity. I think he sat and home and realized his career was over before it started. And that is why he has finally shown something. His back was COMPLETELY against the wall.

In the end, Aaron Maybin would have never played that way for the Bills, in my mind. Good for him and his future in the NFL. But it makes me sick that he wouldn't do it for us.

In the immortal words of the most overrated coach in NFL history, Marv Levy, schemes don't mean anything. That from Marv, who was handed one of the most talented rosters in NFL history, and got out schemed in every Superbowl. Just one example, he had one of the greatest offensive machines in NFL history, and chose to play a bend but don't break defense, with his 270 pound nose tackle, a defensive philosophy likely to keep that great offense on the bench.

The current Bills suffer from this as well. Can't design a blitz that comes even close to fooling anybody. Edwards and "Wanny" can't figure out a creative blitz, and could not find a way to use Maybin. So they cut that high draft pick, because they are not creative enough to use his talents.

But Rex Ryan sure could. Maybin wrecked havoc on the field today, and has 5, count them 5, sacks this year. Which current Bills player has that many sacks this year? In the modern NFL, schemes mean everything.