Bills Organization

vorpma

We can debate the 2011 season forever, but as great as the season started warning signs were clearly visble. The Bills are (barring current injuries) an improved team, however, not a playoff contender. This franchise has been destroyed by injuries over the last ten years, is it the luck of the draw or are there other reasons behind it.

I contend the failure over the last ten years rests with the front office followed a close second by the coaching - the two really are inseparable.

From 1987 through 2000 - the era of Polian/Butler - the Bills failed to reach the playoffs four times but were still in the hunt until week 13 or 14.

Great FA aquisitions such as James Lofton, Quinn Early, Ted Washington, Bryce Paup, and many other players, not big names but still made great contributions kept the team competitive. Players wanted to play in Buffalo, winning organization, friendly to veterans, and the potential for a super bowl ring were always a draw for great players. The Bills retained Jim Kelly, Thurmon Thomas, Bruce Smith, Andre Reed, Steve Tasker, Kent Hully and others for well over ten years.

Until the organization puts into place a strong competitive front office committed to winning and a coachiong staff comprised of men who attract winning places things are not going to change.

Until the organization puts into place a strong competitive front office committed to winning and a coachiong staff comprised of men who attract winning places things are not going to change.

Why do you think the Bills FO is not strong and competitive? Answer: Because Ralph Wilson wants exactly that. He doean't care about a competive team, so he's going to bring in stooges like Buddy and Gailey. Maybe, if he lives long enough, one of these days he might get it wrong and accidentally hire the next Bill Polian and the team start winning despite him.

I'm getting closer to looking at being a Bills fan as being in a really bad marriage. When do you just say F*ckit, and proceed with the divorce, then jst sit back and watch the NFL just as a fan of football, then start following a team that does all the things that you think a team should do right. Man, I think I could really enjoy being a Packers or Steelers fan instead of putting myself through this same old stupid bullsch!tt as a Bills fan?

Edited by Dr. Trooth

Why do you think the Bills FO is not strong and competitive? Answer: Because Ralph Wilson wants exactly that. He doean't care about a competive team, so he's going to bring in stooges like Buddy and Gailey. Maybe, if he lives long enough, one of these days he might get it wrong and accidentally hire the next Bill Polian and the team start winning despite him.

I'm getting closer to looking at being a Bills fan as being in a really bad marriage. When do you just say F*ckit, and proceed with the divorce, then jst sit back and watch the NFL just as a fan of football, then start following a team that does all the things that you think a team should do right. Man, I think I could really enjoy being a Packers or Steelers fan instead of putting myself through this same old stupid bullsch!tt as a Bills fan?