Bills pound the Chiefs AT Arrowhead, 41-7

Bills beat the Raiders @ Buffalo, 38-35

Bills beat the Patriots @ Buffalo, 34-31 Intercepting Brady 4 times

Bills lose AT Cincy 23-20, 3 point loss

Bills beat the Eagles @ Buffalo, 31-24

Bills lose AT NY Giants, 27-24 3 point loss

Bye week

Bills beat the Redskins at Rodgers center, 23-0

Up to this point the Bills only allowed 3 losses by 3 points, were getting turnovers, were scoring points. suddenly the wheels fell off against the Jets. They managed to hold off the Bills offense for 3 QTRS and then the Jets got them down on the ground and rubbed their nose in dog poop.

This team hasn't been the same since that Jets game. Did the Jets completely demoralize this team into thinking they are a bunch of losers?

Jets 27-11

Cowboys 44-7

Dolphins 35-8....wow beaten down by the 2-7 phins with a back up QB no less...the shame!

The 5-5 Jets-6-4 Cowboys, and 3-7 Dolphins are just not that good. The Bills defense even made Matt Moore look like an all pro, and he isn't!

The Bills have the best RB in this division in Fred Jackson...no question! When he is on his game Fitz is the second best QB behind Tom Brady, and in that game in week 3 Fitz played better then Brady. The Bills have found their TE in Chandler, they have a top receiver in Stevie Johnson. The key players on offense are all still playing, save Eric Wood which was a huge loss, but the Bills played poorly with him against the Jets and Cowboys.

It was just wrong to put Levitre at center, it was even more wrong to cut Hangartner!

So is Fitz injured? hand, shoulder, elbow, arm? he just doesn't look like the same guy that put up 30+ points and over 400 yards of offense in the first 5 games. Was he concussed at some point and didn't say anything to anyone? Like Jay Cutler continuing to play with a broken thumb? Kyle Williams was playing on an injured foot that didn't heal and ultimately went on IR, but before he did everyone was saying wth is wrong with Williams!

What is the answer on the defense? Does Chan Gailey need to demote Edwards and promote the Wannstache NOW? Clearly something is wrong in the secondary, and with the secondary coach? That same coach who was here under Jauron and had the pass defense in the top 5 in the league.

I'm not sure what the answer is at this point, but if I'm Chan Gailey I'd be breaking my foot off in some players & coaches keesters! Perhaps even cut a malcontent who isn't giving it their best, just like the Patriots did with fat Albert! If Brad Smith is regretting his signing with the Buffalo Bills, then make him run that wildcat till his legs fall off, make him earn every penny!

Anyway, so what happened to that spark that ignited the defense to get all those takeaways? The spark that ignited the offense to score 30+ points and over 400 yards of offense?

No pressure on the QB, that's what.

Ill grant you that Merriman was supposed to bring his "lights out" with him when he came to Buffalo, but didn't, not really. After 5 games the Bills only had 2 sacks against the Chiefs( Scott & Johnson) , 0 sacks against the Raiders, 0 against the Patriots but 4 INT's,2 sacks against the Bengals ( Darius & Merriman) 1 sack against the Eagles (Merriman) 5 sacks total in those first 5 games.

Did the Loss of Merriman have that much impact....that even with Chris Kelsay back last week they can't get any pressure at all? I dunno, kinda doubtful IMO considering the Bills had 10 sacks against the Redskins without Merriman.

I don't get it, did the defense start playing more conservatively, did they stop blitzing completely and try and play it safe?

Injuries shouldn't be an excuse, even the backups are still highly skilled professionals. The packers lost like 10 starters,and another 6 players to injuries last season and still won the SB

Anyway it still doesn't explain what happened to the offense 30+ points a game and 400+ yards to 200 yards and to 11-7-8 points in each of the last 3 games.

WTH happened to this team, did they lose their heart? ... are they just playing for their paychecks now? I just don't get it!

# of sacks doesn't equal pressure. The defensive front was more disruptive with Merriman and Williams in the lineup, even if it didn't result in sack numbers.

Opposing coaches have adjusted to the Bills offense since the beginning of the year. That, and the constant shuffling of the O line due to injuries have hurt the offense. SJ13 has been playing hurt for a while now, and the other WRs have had a hard time hanging on to the ball.

Ill grant you that Merriman was supposed to bring his "lights out" with him when he came to Buffalo, but didn't, not really. After 5 games the Bills only had 2 sacks against the Chiefs( Scott & Johnson) , 0 sacks against the Raiders, 0 against the Patriots but 4 INT's,2 sacks against the Bengals ( Darius & Merriman) 1 sack against the Eagles (Merriman) 5 sacks total in those first 5 games.

Did the Loss of Merriman have that much impact....that even with Chris Kelsay back last week they can't get any pressure at all? I dunno, kinda doubtful IMO considering the Bills had 10 sacks against the Redskins without Merriman.

I don't get it, did the defense start playing more conservatively, did they stop blitzing completely and try and play it safe?

Injuries shouldn't be an excuse, even the backups are still highly skilled professionals. The packers lost like 10 starters,and another 6 players to injuries last season and still won the SB

Anyway it still doesn't explain what happened to the offense 30+ points a game and 400+ yards to 200 yards and to 11-7-8 points in each of the last 3 games.

WTH happened to this team, did they lose their heart? ... are they just playing for their paychecks now? I just don't get it!

Regarding QB pressure, read Zulu's post.

The defense stinks. It did all last year and with the exception of the KC & Washington games, stinks even worse this year. Doubly so given the fact that George Edwards has an entire season and a half under his belt and has done virtually nothing to improve the defense. Stats don't lie. They don't. They just don't.

As far as injuries, our backups are either highly skilled awful players or in highly awful schemes. Either way, opposing teams are highly ecstatic when they come on the field. I just highly cringe.

Good question as to the offense. How about this: with the exception of Chandler, the other receivers have played like pussified clods the last 3 games. We're not going to win games behind Freddy Jackson when the score is 28-3 at halftime. At this point, Chandler is the only receiver worth a crap. The ONLY one. If they pay Stevie Johnson the money he's looking for, they're out of their minds. We have no WR that is a legitimate deep threat. Not one. Passing game is one dimensional, other teams know it and the lack of offensive scoring in the last 3 games is pretty much all the proof needed.

Did they lose their heart? Yeah, probably. IF the injuries hadn't kept coming and coming and coming, this team may very well have been 7-3 at this point. But key injuries, the utter lack of competent depth and George Edwards' wretched defense have killed this season. You know it, I know it and you'd better believe that every single one of the players and coaches on the team knows it, no matter how much they spout the rah-rah-gotta-keep-fighting-it-ain't-over-till-it's-over crap. It's over.

The problem is threefold:

1. Mounting injuries to key starters. We're averaging what, about 2 a game now? It happens. Not a blamable fault, but......

2. Lack of competent depth (ref: #1). Either crappy players, poorly prepared, crappy schemes or some combination thereof. This one's on the Bills. They're responsible for picking them, preparing them and calling the schemes.

3. George Edwards wretched defense. Organization completely and totally at fault for keeping him after last season's defensive debacle. Utterly inexcusable. Mind boggling to see he's still there now. Show of hands as to who thinks this defense would possibly be any worse with Wannstedt in as DC? Anyone? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Zactly. thumbsup.gif

Now opposing teams bring lawn chairs and a cooler to the huddle. Maybe two coolers, a keg and a BBQ.

I think Moore had to drive over to the hardware store for more charcoal at one point before coming back and throwing the ball.

Regarding QB pressure, read Zulu's post.

The defense stinks. It did all last year and with the exception of the KC & Washington games, stinks even worse this year. Doubly so given the fact that George Edwards has an entire season and a half under his belt and has done virtually nothing to improve the defense. Stats don't lie. They don't. They just don't.

As far as injuries, our backups are either highly skilled awful players or in highly awful schemes. Either way, opposing teams are highly ecstatic when they come on the field. I just highly cringe.

Good question as to the offense. How about this: with the exception of Chandler, the other receivers have played like pussified clods the last 3 games. We're not going to win games behind Freddy Jackson when the score is 28-3 at halftime. At this point, Chandler is the only receiver worth a crap. The ONLY one. If they pay Stevie Johnson the money he's looking for, they're out of their minds. We have no WR that is a legitimate deep threat. Not one. Passing game is one dimensional, other teams know it and the lack of offensive scoring in the last 3 games is pretty much all the proof needed.

Did they lose their heart? Yeah, probably. IF the injuries hadn't kept coming and coming and coming, this team may very well have been 7-3 at this point. But key injuries, the utter lack of competent depth and George Edwards' wretched defense have killed this season. You know it, I know it and you'd better believe that every single one of the players and coaches on the team knows it, no matter how much they spout the rah-rah-gotta-keep-fighting-it-ain't-over-till-it's-over crap. It's over.

The problem is threefold:

1. Mounting injuries to key starters. We're averaging what, about 2 a game now? It happens. Not a blamable fault, but......

2. Lack of competent depth (ref: #1). Either crappy players, poorly prepared, crappy schemes or some combination thereof. This one's on the Bills. They're responsible for picking them, preparing them and calling the schemes.

3. George Edwards wretched defense. Organization completely and totally at fault for keeping him after last season's defensive debacle. Utterly inexcusable. Mind boggling to see he's still there now. Show of hands as to who thinks this defense would possibly be any worse with Wannstedt in as DC? Anyone? Yeah, I didn't think so.

So instead of 3-4 WR sets, why doesn't megamind-less utilize 2 WR sets & 2 TE's. Keep a TE in to block and let Chandler just run routes. Hell, for that matter I'd start Chandler at a WR position instead of TE, that guy shouldn't have any problem with the puny DB's jamming him at the line. Fitz would always have a viable open target within 2-3 seconds.

Another idea when they get so far behind is to keep the FB in for protections and let Fred Jackson play WR, slot, outside, wherever. Jackson is as good or better then any of the WR's at catching the ball. Why keep your best play maker on the team in to block, let the guy who is paid to block do the blocking! Bench the WR's who can't catch and let Freddy and Chandler run with Stevie. That's 3 viable WR's, they can't double all of them.

If that plan is working then perhaps put Brad Smith in the backfield next to Fitz, let him get the snap and run the option or just let him run as a RB. So many different options then just keep trying to throw throw throw when Fitz is having a tough time. Speaking of that I still wonder if Fitz is injured and doesn't want to get pulled and perhaps lose his job to Thigpin. What he doesn't realize is... Tyler would be basically useless behind that banged up O line.

In regards to the defense, yea move Edwards down and the stache up before the season is completely gone! ... just my 2 cents

So instead of 3-4 WR sets, why doesn't megamind-less utilize 2 WR sets & 2 TE's. Keep a TE in to block and let Chandler just run routes. Hell, for that matter I'd start Chandler at a WR position instead of TE, that guy shouldn't have any problem with the puny DB's jamming him at the line. Fitz would always have a viable open target within 2-3 seconds.

Another idea when they get so far behind is to keep the FB in for protections and let Fred Jackson play WR, slot, outside, wherever. Jackson is as good or better then any of the WR's at catching the ball. Why keep your best play maker on the team in to block, let the guy who is paid to block do the blocking! Bench the WR's who can't catch and let Freddy and Chandler run with Stevie. That's 3 viable WR's, they can't double all of them.

If that plan is working then perhaps put Brad Smith in the backfield next to Fitz, let him get the snap and run the option or just let him run as a RB. So many different options then just keep trying to throw throw throw when Fitz is having a tough time. Speaking of that I still wonder if Fitz is injured and doesn't want to get pulled and perhaps lose his job to Thigpin. What he doesn't realize is... Tyler would be basically useless behind that banged up O line.

In regards to the defense, yea move Edwards down and the stache up before the season is completely gone! ... just my 2 cents

I don't know that there is any point in wasting time on "a plan" at this stage.