Spikes is the best player on this team!

JP-era

Moulds isnt even our best WR! Much less our best player. He is nothing more that a quality possession receiver. If you were drafting a guy who had good but not great speed, great size, godd but not great hands (his dropsies proves that!), and great YAC, you may not take him until the 2nd round. If you trade Moulds at this point he may not bring more than that.

So, you guys who think Moulds is our best player are on serious Stadiumwall!

I love Moulds like all of you do, but Im having issues with the guy earning 8.5 mil next year....1.5 mil less that Vick? Thats nuts for a guy who is on the field no better than our #2 WR!

Moulds was supposedly having questions about his future with this team, "questions" that seem to have become silent after we went on our winning streak...hmmmm. Anyways, If I were TD, Id say renogotiate his contract with a BIG pay cut or TRADE HIM!!!! He isnt worth 8.5 mil to US anymore! He wont like taking a pay cut and probably it gets ugly and he leaves a.l.a. TO, one of his buddies, BTW.

Id rather pay, say, 6 mil per for Plaxico Burress (a UFA next year) then 8.5 mil for Moulds. A deep threat in Evans and a possession guy who can win any fight for the ball in Burress, thats a great combo! It helps that Burress is a Steelers guy (can ou say Mularkey?). Burress can never expect #1 pay because he doesnt have the speed.

I say keep Moulds ONLY if he takes a pay cut, or TRADE HIM for whatever you can get and sign a possession type #2.

have you been sniffing glue?

While spikes is the best player on the team(arguably), Eric is still dominant, think of some of the catches this guy comes up with. Not to mention his YAC ability is among the best in the league.

Why do you think Evans is so open all the time? Evans is fantastic but without moulds we'd struggle mightily. Banking on signing some idiot UDFA is far froma good option. Don't diss moulds just yet.

I agree that takeo is the best out there for us now...but I wouldn't take plaxico over moulds for a few reasons..

1) Moulds is more physical

2) Plaxico show's up when he wants to ( the steelers are winning soo of course he's going to play good)

3) What are the odds if we do trade moulds find a WR of his calibur?

I mean don't get me wrong eric's numbers haven't been eric like with only 70+ catches and 5 TDs..but he's still effective in other ways..opposing defenses still feel he's a big threat and tend the double him a lot..which leaves lee evans in single coverage..and look whats happening..Lee is flourshing and its obvious with the bills winning now, eric moulds doesn't mind

have you been sniffing glue?

While spikes is the best player on the team(arguably), Eric is still dominant, think of some of the catches this guy comes up with.  Not to mention his YAC ability is among the best in the league. 

Why do you think Evans is so open all the time?  Evans is fantastic but without moulds we'd struggle mightily.  Banking on signing some idiot UDFA is far froma  good option.  Don't diss moulds just yet.

176311[/snapback]

OK, I understand that you are a Bills fan who has a "clouded" mind about Moulds; someone who is still stuck in last year when Moulds really WAS our best WR!

So, Ill go easy on you. Eric, this year has been FAR from dominant. He is someone who can matchup against anyone and break any tackle for a FEW more yards. He NO LONGER is someone who catches everything thrown his way and OBVIOUSLY does not have the deep speed fo Evans. Evans has the best hands of ALL the WR on this team! I dont have the stats in front of me, but I GUARANTEE that Moulds averages more drops per attempt than Evans this year!

As far as Evans being good because of Moulds...replace Moulds with any good/great possession receiver and you still have the same equation! Do you think NE would run single coverage...Asante Samuel (5 foot 10 inches) against Plaxico Burress (6 foot 5 inches)? If so, Id love to watch our pass yards in that game! Fact is, MANY other WR would caommand as much attention and you just cant pay Moulds 8.5 mil next year!

well, heres the thing. Moulds has deep speed, but hes no lee evans. Very few guys in teh league face as many double teams as eric does.

2 reasons:

1-hes our most physically gifted reciever

2-hes well-reputed as being Drew's favorite target.

I love how if Moulds doesnt have 100 catches and 10 TDs everything thinks hes doing poorly. Does he deserve 8.5 mil? probbly not, almost nobody does. Moulds tends to lose focus when we are doing poorly, big deal. In the last few games though, most of his drops have been pretty tough balls anyhow. Don't forget that one catch and run for the TD he had, that was pretty special.

Come to training camp next year and watch how dominant moulds is, the other recivers watch in awe when he does some of the things he does. Noone else at camp can leap and catch the way he does. THe guy is still a remarkable athlete, which is undeniable.

OK, I understand that you are a Bills fan who has a "clouded" mind about Moulds; someone who is still stuck in last year when Moulds really WAS our best WR!

So, Ill go easy on you. Eric, this year has been FAR from dominant. He is someone who can matchup against anyone and break any tackle for a FEW more yards. He NO LONGER is someone who catches everything thrown his way and OBVIOUSLY does not have the deep speed fo Evans. Evans has the best hands of ALL the WR on this team! I dont have the stats in front of me, but I GUARANTEE that Moulds averages more drops per attempt than Evans this year!

As far as Evans being good because of Moulds...replace Moulds with any good/great possession receiver and you still have the same equation! Do you think NE would run single coverage...Asante Samuel (5 foot 10 inches) against Plaxico Burress (6 foot 5 inches)? If so, Id love to watch our pass yards in that game! Fact is, MANY other WR would caommand as much attention and you just cant pay Moulds 8.5 mil next year!

176350[/snapback]

Right. Anyone who considers the last several years of production and the current offensive personnel and scheme in addition to the current season has a "clouded mind" and is stuck in the past. :D

Right. Anyone who considers the last several years of production and the current offensive personnel and scheme in addition to the current season has a "clouded mind" and is stuck in the past.  :D

176363[/snapback]

I dont really understand who you're siding with by that statement. Id have to say that if you consider all the turnover in our coaching and offense the past few years, eric really has been the only consistent thing.

well, heres the thing.  Moulds has deep speed, but hes no lee evans.  Very few guys in teh league face as many double teams as eric does.

2 reasons:

1-hes our most physically gifted reciever

2-hes well-reputed as being Drew's favorite target.

I love how if Moulds doesnt have 100 catches and 10 TDs everything thinks hes doing poorly.  Does he deserve 8.5 mil? probbly not, almost nobody does.  Moulds tends to lose focus when we are doing poorly, big deal.  In the last few games though, most of his drops have been pretty tough balls anyhow.  Don't forget that one catch and run for the TD he had, that was pretty special.

Come to training camp next year and watch how dominant moulds is, the other recivers watch in awe when he does some of the things he does.  Noone else at camp can leap and catch the way he does.  THe guy is still a remarkable athlete, which is undeniable.

176362[/snapback]

I dont argue for a second that Moulds is a very good WR.

1) He is not even close to being worth 8.5 mil a year! With TO making 3.25 mil next year? Marvin Harrison making 4.5 mil next year? Joe Horn making 3.5 next year?

2) Evans has become our #1 WR at this point with a combination of speed and hands! I just dont see why we wouldnt have this guy run fly's all day...How many fly patterns have we thrown to him where he HASNT scored a TD? What is it like 5 out of 8 long bomb's to Evans have been scores?!!! are you kidding me?

I dont really understand who you're siding with by that statement.  Id have to say that if you consider all the turnover in our coaching and offense the past few years, eric really has been the only consistent thing.

176367[/snapback]

Sorry, I was sarcastically disagreeing with JP-era. My point is that it's folly to judge a player by his production in 3/4 of a season with a totally revamped offense and coaching staff.

Sorry, I was sarcastically disagreeing with JP-era. My point is that it's folly to judge a player by his production in 3/4 of a season with a totally revamped offense and coaching staff.

176391[/snapback]

excellent, i concur.

I dont know if people do this on the board, but on AIM when i talk to people i always put sarcasm in italics.

Right. Anyone who considers the last several years of production and the current offensive personnel and scheme in addition to the current season has a "clouded mind" and is stuck in the past.  :D

176363[/snapback]

Is there a chance that Eric in your mind is our stud from the past, and that you are looking through rose colored glasses at him this year?

Im not even remotely saying he sucks. Not saying it, It will never come out of my mouth. He is a great player. He just ISNT worth 8.5 mil next year at this point and with Evans doing as much as he has, how could you argue that he is our best WR?

Most people who argue he is our best WR base that statement on supporting Eric NOT on his numbers from this year!

Id love to have Eric back as our #2 possession WR, at a MUCH reduced price. But I can see that we could grab a #2 for less, who is younger, AND save the cap cash!

I dont argue for a second that Moulds is a very good WR.

1) He is not even close to being worth 8.5 mil a year! With TO making 3.25 mil next year? Marvin Harrison making 4.5 mil next year? Joe Horn making 3.5 next year?

2) Evans has become our #1 WR at this point with a combination of speed and hands! I just dont see why we wouldnt have this guy run fly's all day...How many fly patterns have we thrown to him where he HASNT scored a TD? What is it like 5 out of 8 long bomb's to Evans have been scores?!!! are you kidding me?

176384[/snapback]

You, my short-sighted friend, have been playing too much madden. It's rotting your brain.

Note that both Harrison and TO are in the early years of their respective contracts and in addition to those base salaries, they saw signing bonuses which Billy Fucillo himself would describe as HUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!!

Last i checked we're doing ok under the cap for next year anyhow, would eric restructuring be nice(which he'll probobly do), yes it would. But we can live without it, thanks to TD(thats right, teh same guy you all hate)

You, my short-sighted friend, have been playing too much madden.  It's rotting your brain.

Note that both Harrison and TO are in the early years of their respective contracts and in addition to those base salaries, they saw signing bonuses which Billy Fucillo himself would describe as HUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!!

176404[/snapback]

Fine, you find ANY WR who makes As much or MORE and isnt as good! Moreover, I can find MANY who are better and younger who make MUCH MUCH less.

Moulds back? sure but at a MUCH reduced price!

Last i checked we're doing ok under the cap for next year anyhow, would eric restructuring be nice(which he'll probobly do), yes it would.  But we can live without it, thanks to TD(thats right, teh same guy you all hate)

176407[/snapback]

The same guy who has "questions" about his future with the team AT ALL is now restructuring and taking a pay cut?

And Im the one sniffing glue?

recall that 3 years ago he made some comment about playing professional basketball.

Moulds gets pissed and says dumb stuff, just like every WR, but who wouldn't restructure after the way we've been playing of late.

Don't get too carried away by media spin like that article some guy wrote about Moulds where the basis for the article was moulds leaving the post-game conference after the dolphins game early.

Is there a chance that Eric in your mind is our stud from the past, and that you are looking through rose colored glasses at him this year?

Im not even remotely saying he sucks. Not saying it, It will never come out of my mouth. He is a great player. He just ISNT worth 8.5 mil next year at this point and with Evans doing as much as he has, how could you argue that he is our best WR?

Most people who argue he is our best WR base that statement on supporting Eric NOT on his numbers from this year!

Id love to have Eric back as our #2 possession WR, at a MUCH reduced price. But I can see that we could grab a #2 for less, who is younger, AND save the cap cash!

176401[/snapback]

Part of the reason Evans has been getting the ball is because of the presence of EM. Our passing offense is better with both of them...or do you forget what happened to the O after PP left for Atlanta?

Oh yeah, i forgot...that's ALL DB's fault. :D

Last i checked we're doing ok under the cap for next year anyhow, would eric restructuring be nice(which he'll probobly do), yes it would.  But we can live without it, thanks to TD(thats right, teh same guy you all hate)

176407[/snapback]

As far as hating TD, thats an apology that I havent yet fessed up!

I seriously questioned TD when we went 0 and whatever after signing a HC with NO previous head coaching experience. I am now eating my words!

Mularkey has in fact done EXACTLY what this team has needed for, ummm, a decade...Taught this team to never say die and taught them what it takes to win.

This is the stuff of a new thread..thou shalt be posted!