(OT) Any bowlers out there?

gflande1

Wife and i are thinking about buying bowling balls. Any recomendations for a good affordable ball (under $100 drilled). Ive been looking at Bowling.com. there are so many options and covers to choose from. what should I be looking for?

176289[/snapback]

Nothing good under a 100.00 and if you suck it wont matter what you pay.

Avearge this year 211

I'm not an expert, but I do know that your choice of balls will depend somewhat on the way you bowl. Some bowlers have a heavy duty hook. Some bowlers throw a straight ball. Some material used in making a ball will grab the alley more, thus accentuating the hook. Other materials are harder and more slippery. If you throw a mean hook, you'll want a ball that grabs the alley, but the degree to which you want it to do so is a matter of taste and comfort. If you throw a straight ball, more common among women bowlers, you might want a hard ball to minimize the effect of any unintentional spin that could send your ball in an unanticipated direction. Generally speaking, cheaper balls are harder. I would speak to a pro, or at least a respected shop owner.

Actually the game isn't much of a challenge at the moment. The way the lanes are taken care of, damn thing tracks right to the pocket.

Case in point, no bowling for two years for me and I go out and have a 685 set.

That REALLY shouldn't happen.

:lol:

You'll have to tell people what your bowling style is, in order to purchase the right ball.