Since Some People are Saying

Realist

Do you think we should petition the NFL to reschedule our game this week with the 49ers to a rematch with Jacksonville?

I ask this because we all know that a win a against the lowly 49ers doesn't count for anything, but a win against one of the teams we are fighting for a playoff spot will count in the standings.

Then again the Jaguars only have an 8-6 record so that wouldn't count either.

Bring on the Eagles! Oh wait, they suck now without TO, so that wouldn't count either. We have the Steelers next week, but we know that won't count because if they beat the Ravens they'll be playing for nothing next week, so they'll rest their starters. The Pats, that's it bring on the Pats! Damn, they just lost to the dolphins so that game won't count anymore...

Face it we're screwed because none of our wins count...

sarcasm off

Sorry just venting...can only beat the teams on our schedule.

Yes, this is a LAMP post... :devil:

And they should be.

Considering everyone is making the same arguement about the Falcons in the NFC.

An 11-3 team is an 11-3 team. We are 8-6. And don't give me the BS "it'd be different if we played in the NFC." Then you'd be assuming we would have finished with the same record over the last few years so we would have had the same draft picks. Which isn't true. You can't change one thing in the grand scheme of things and assume everthing will remain the same.

The Bills are an 8-6 team. Period.

The Pats are a 12-2 team. Period.

The Falcons are a 11-3 team. Period.

And they should be.

Considering everyone is making the same arguement about the Falcons in the NFC.

An 11-3 team is an 11-3 team. We are 8-6. And don't give me the BS "it'd be different if we played in the NFC." Then you'd be assuming we would have finished with the same record over the last few years so we would have had the same draft picks. Which isn't true. You can't change one thing in the grand scheme of things and assume everthing will remain the same.

The Bills are an 8-6 team. Period.

The Pats are a 12-2 team. Period.

The Falcons are a 11-3 team. Period.

175947[/snapback]

The thing is, though, we haven't barely beat these teams. We trounced them. The only that could even be considered close was the Miami game, and we all know how they played against NE.

I could see these arguments if we were squeaking by. That's just not the case.

Here's a quick look at why that argument really doesn't hold any water.

There are 13 teams in the NFL who have a record above .500. This is simply the number of teams that each has played (through 14 games) that was also above .500.

Jacksonville 8

Baltimore, Buffalo, Indy, NE, NYJ 6

Pitt, S.D. 5

Denver, Green Bay, Minny, Philly 4

Atlanta 2

If you're going to say Buffalo has played a weak schedule, then everyone has played a weak schedule (except maybe for the Jags and Indy, who finish with 2 +.500 teams).