Starting O-Line

CJPearl2

Coach Mularkey addresses this in his press conference today. He said Drew would probably play two series but that the 1st team OL would play more--he implied significantly more--Mr. ScottLaw is probably about right...

Coach Mularkey addresses this in his press conference today.  He said Drew would probably play two series but that the 1st team OL would play more--he implied significantly more--Mr. ScottLaw is probably about right...

12563[/snapback]

Could someone tell me who is our first team o-line? I have seen so many names mentioned in past threads that I am not sure who the starters are. Being from the SouthCentral part of Pa, I don't get much info on the Bills which is why I follow them through the message boards....

Could someone tell me who is our first team o-line? I have seen so many names mentioned in past threads that I am not sure who the starters are. Being from the SouthCentral part of Pa, I don't get much info on the Bills which is why I follow them through the message boards....

12683[/snapback]

Jennings - Smith - Teague - Villarrial - Williams

It should.  You don't see "Pucillo" in there anywhere, do you?

12749[/snapback]

I was being sarcastic, but actually I have a lot more faith in this line than most people do. I think by no later than than week 4 (after the bye)this O line will be a prett solid unit. With Drew getting rid of the ball faster and having two RB's to wear down Defenses, this line is in a great position to finally get better.

That said, week 2 at Oakland scared the hell out of me. With the line they have there, you have to gameplan to pass more than run. The line is going to get one hell of a test trying plug up T.Washington and still account for Sapp.

I was being sarcastic, but actually I have a lot more faith in this line than most people do.  I think by no later than than week 4 (after the bye)this O line will be a prett solid unit.  With Drew getting rid of the ball faster and having two RB's to wear down Defenses, this line is in a great position to finally get better.

I know you were being sarcastic (i.e. saying you had little confidence in the O-line). Glad to hear you're not predicting DOOM!

That said, week 2 at Oakland scared the hell out of me.  With the line they have there, you have to gameplan to pass more than run.  The line is going to get one hell of a test trying plug up T.Washington and still account for Sapp.

12757[/snapback]

Sapp at end and TW in the middle don't worry me. They're not pass rushers, but will be hard to move out of the way. I say run a lot of off-tackle stuff.

I was being sarcastic, but actually I have a lot more faith in this line than most people do. I think by no later than than week 4 (after the bye)this O line will be a prett solid unit. With Drew getting rid of the ball faster and having two RB's to wear down Defenses, this line is in a great position to finally get better.

That said, week 2 at Oakland scared the hell out of me. With the line they have there, you have to gameplan to pass more than run. The line is going to get one hell of a test trying plug up T.Washington and still account for Sapp.

You had better be right. Week 4 we host the Patriots in a game, that I believe, will tell us a LOT about our chances this season of doing a damn thing.