HD Satellite Dish

dib

I stepped up and got an hd tv, I want to upgrade to hd sat. also. I went to the direct tv site but their info is sketchy.

Questions:

How much?

also I get the impression that the dish cannot piggyback non-hd signals, Is this true?

Anyway in any case I get to watch the Bills in 55 inch glory on Sunday.

You'll need a "triple-LNB dish." Not sure how much, but I'd recommend calling DirecTV and asking to speak with "Customer Retention." Tell them that cable is offering a good HD deal, but that you want DirecTV. Tell them you know people who have received the dish, installation, and a HD receiver for only $99. See what they say (that's the deal I got, and LA got it as well; not sure if it's still valid, but it was never announced).

I think the dish is roughly $50 if you need to buy it yourself, and the HD receiver is roughly $200-$300. They have a HD-TiVo now as well, but that's between $800-$1000. Definately worth it from what I've heard, but might be out of your price range (it can record two shows, both OTA as well as sattelite stuff).

Hope that helps some.

CW

DirectvHD installation and 3 rooms (non-HD) is running anywhere between $200-$300 but you own the HD box. Also they give you your first 6 months of HD package service free. After that I think its like $6 a month. I tried the $99 deal a few months back but they didnt bite. The best deals are through the local subcontractors because they get kickbacks from DTV and pass along discounts to the buyer. Look in your paper for ads.