Watched the Pats/Steelers game on DVR

berndogg

I'm not saying the Bills should be favorites to win the division, Tom Brady still makes the Patriots a better team, but I won't be shocked if we get a couple good breaks, they get a couple bad ones, and Buffalo wins the division. The Steelers shot themselves in the foot repeatedly yesterday offensively, and they were never in danger of losing that game. New England's secondary is legitimately terrible, and I don't see how that's gonna change anytime soon. Guys were running wide open all over the field for Pittsburgh. I think as the season goes on, teams should find more ways to exploit this. On the other side of the ball, the Pats are pretty one dimensional. All you need to know about their running game is that Kevin Faulk, who is a 200 year veteran coming off a serious injury, and has never been a primary back, got the lions share of the work for New England's backfield. Once again, I understand that with Brady at the helm, this team can still win a shoot out with anyone, and can take any team out of a game early with some quick scores in the first half. However, given the fact that now they can also lose a shoot out to any team with an above average qb, and that their inability to run the ball will make it harder for them to sustain leads, I wouldn't be shocked at all if they slipped up a few more times this year in games they're favored to win. The Bills on the other hand (dominating performance against John Beck aside) will most likely remain a below average defense as well. However, George Wilson is a great safety, and Jarius Bird is above average. If Dareus continues to improve and Moats adds some legitimacy to the Pass rush, I could see this unit becoming respectable. Assuming we don't lose anymore offensive linemen (and Bell and/or Hairston come back healthy), I don't see why our offense can't remain a top 10 unit all year. Freddy is a top 3 back at this point, and with the versatility of Gailey's offense and the efficiency with which Fitzy runs it, no team can say "take away x and the Bills won't be able to move the ball", they just have too many options. Now, my best bet would still be the Bills end up 10-6 and the Pats end up 12-4. However, I wouldn't be shocked if it ended up the other way around. I'm not making any earth shattering predictions here, I just wanted to make this post because this week, for the first time in a long, long time, I have legitimate reason to believe that the Bills have a shot (like a 40% shot opposed to a 4% shot) to win the division even with the Pats having a healthy Brady, and I'm pretty excited about the possibility.