Strength of schedule so far

Calgary_JG

I didn't realize that CIN was 4-2 until reading something about the Palmer trade and it occurred to me that the Bills have played an incredibly difficult schedule thus far in the season. The record of the teams we've beaten is a combined 13-10 and the two losses are a combined 8-4. Add it all up and the teams we played through to the bye are 21-14 or about a .667 win pct.

To be 4-2 through that stretch and to have lost two games we should have won feels pretty damn awesome. Remembering how Chan got the team focussed through the bye week last year gets me pretty revved up for the next 10 games.

GO BILLS!

An excerpt of my own ratings for SOS played to date is below, premised on the average power rating of each individual opponent. Each individual opponent's rating is, in turn, based on actual performance through week 6.

I've actually got the Bills at a mid-range difficulty level, at #11 (20.60 on the scale below).

HARDEST SCHEDULE THROUGH WEEK 6

(Average strength of opponents)

DAL 25.016

STL 23.962

DEN 22.592

NYJ 22.47

MIA 22.414

EASIEST SCHEDULE THROUGH WEEK 6

(Average strength of opponents)

WAS 17.806

MIN 17.735

SDG 17.462

NYG 17.09166667

ARZ 16.942

I posted this in a topic which petered out after 3 replies… so I thought I might as well recycle it here. Please indulge me.

Some people here like to quote the old Twain/Disraeli saying about statistics, "There's three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Others prefer to quote Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

There is some truth in both sayings and yet of course, neither saying is absolutely true.

That said, here are some numbers to ponder:

Bills record: 4-2 (.667)

Bills opponents records this year: 21-14 (..600) (KC 2-3, Oak 4-2, NE 5-1, Cin 4-2, Philly 2-4, Giants 4-2)

Bills opponents records this year not including their games against the Bills: 19-10 (.655)

Record of the teams the Bills have lost to: 8-4 (.667)

You can spin these any way you want and others will assuredly spin them some other way. For everyone that says Kansas City sucks, someone else can say that they won the AFC West last year and were 7-1 at home last season… both of which are true.

So anyways, there it is.

The Bills have played a pretty tough schedule and they have a pretty good record.

That is all.

San Jose, I recall your previous thread. I suppose I was among those who helped it peter out because I didn't have anything better to add to your initial post. When I agree with someone I usually don't say much or anything because my thoughts have already been stated by a quicker poster. Usually with better wording than my buzzed azz could muster too.

San Jose, I recall your previous thread. I suppose I was among those who helped it peter out because I didn't have anything better to add to your initial post. When I agree with someone I usually don't say much or anything because my thoughts have already been stated by a quicker poster. Usually with better wording than my buzzed azz could muster too.

Nonsense. Not only are you a premier poster but you also have one of the all-time avatars.

A pint of frothy brew for you my friend (I'll have one too)!

Nonsense. Not only are you a premier poster but you also have one of the all-time avatars.

You are too kind. It is just blind luck that I found my freulein. Without her optimistic view on things I think I might be a bit misguided. She keeps me in check. To me it's like a family atmosphere on here just like it is for the the current Bills team and the late 80's, early 90's Bills. San Jose, fans such as you and certain others on here make it worth while for me to check up on TBD every day like it's my own version of crack.

Usually it's beer but tonight it's a relaxing night of merlot. Taking an extra big gulp of merlot for friends such as you SJ.

Funny. I was just looking at the Power Rankings on NFL.com and thinking the same thing: the Bills schedule thus far has been challenging. We've played some good team and beat the team their panel rates at #2 (Pats).

Both our losses came in away games to late 4th quarter FGs. Seems like the Bills can play with anybody. Interesting to see what we will do when playing weaker opponents.

I was thinking about this the other day, besides the Chiefs who started out awful but have bounced back somewhat the Bills have played 5 teams that will probably challenge for the playoffs this year.

The Eagles are better then a 2-4 team and will at least make it interesting in the NFC

The Giants, Bengals, and Raiders are all 4-2

Im looking forward to what should be a win vs the Skins who are not very good but im sure Bills defense will make it interesting