Power rankings versus actual rankings

Scrappy

I've been reading multiple boards including here & wanted to point out a few variances I find funny between the Power Rankings / Actual rankings or standings. Out of 3 remaining undefeated teams, the Bills have played the hardest schedule in the group & yet rank behind both of them in the power rankings. The Bills also just defeated 2 AFC division winners from last year, one of which has a QB with the most passing yards ever through the first 3 games this season. The Bills also beat a team this year that just defeated a wild card from last season that was undefeated this year.

Point being, the only team in the AFC who is undefeated who are #1 in the actual standings are ranked 5th or worse in power rankings behind many teams that haven't accomplished anything near what they have. That to me is the definition of a huge jam, just to point out all of these facts.

Link to NFL.com power rankings

Link to Actual Rankings

Edited by Scrappy

Good observation but not surprising. The Bills were 4-12 last season. We don't have any established superstars. And we didn't acquire any huge names free agents in the offseason.

We've won 3 good games but people still need more convincing. I think that's understandable. If anything, I'm a bit surprised we're ranked as high as we are considering everything.

Good observation but not surprising. The Bills were 4-12 last season. We don't have any established superstars. And we didn't acquire any huge names free agents in the offseason.

We've won 3 good games but people still need more convincing. I think that's understandable. If anything, I'm a bit surprised we're ranked as high as we are considering everything.

We were voted 4th PR on ESPN