Excitement

mabden

In a previous thread there was a question posed on your worst Bills experience. For me it was during the Greg Williams coaching era when on one forgettable game day, I turned on the game, laid on the coach and watched the entire game without one iota of emotion. I could not tell you who they played, whether they won or lost or anything else about the game other than I watched it instead of raking the leaves. There was nothing to cheer about and nothing to jeer about. I have been hard pressed to find any reasons to get excited about the Bills since then.

Note: I have been a Bills fan since OJ's rookie season and seen many ups and downs, but the GW era was excruciating. I have never given up hope for the Bills and always wish them well.

Last year's opener for the Bills left me thinking, what was so different with Chan Gailey as coach instead of Williams or Juran? We showed some life after an 0-8 start to the season, but still, I was hard pressed to get excited.

After the KC game, I actually found a resurgence of interest. The Bills tore KC a new one and left me with the feeling that this team is different. I actually was looking forward to watching the Bills play the raiders. The whole second half of the raider game Sunday, I could not sit down I was so into the game and dare say excited! Gailey called a great game offensively, the players responded to a disappointing 1st half, and put on a show I will not forget.

My excitement in Bills football IS BACK! Go Bills!

Edited by mabden

I have to admit, I was standing in the john at halftime and listening to the Raiders fans jaw at Bills fans and I wondered for a minute Why the hell do I keep doing this?" They're down 21-3. One decent game. That's all we get. One game!

I returned to my seat in time for the second half kickoff and felt a little down. There were a few Raiders fans around whooping it up. That iriitates me, but not for the reason you may think. Root for your team, fine, but the damn game isn't over yet.

And then Freddie scored. And the place came alive again. High-fiving and hugging the guys behind me (that's the great part of a Bills game, right? PDA with people you don't even know?) And then McFadden fumbled and the place was rocking again. It felt good. It felt right.

There's a reason why we love the Bills. It's all rooted in hope that some day this damn cursed franchise can finally win something. Yesterday felt good. Like the old days.