Game Planning for Jacksonville

marck

After seeing how Jacksonville has cut loose its two starting defensive ends over the past week, what about focusing a game plan on getting to the outside by running a number of sweeps.

Also, without the ability to get pass rush pressure from the ends, Jacksonville will be putting an emphisis on the up the middle pass rush. This would allow the Bills to run some center screens, draws and short passes into the area vacated by the linebackers.

I see the new coaching staff use McGahee to pressure the edges of the defense, and use Henry to break initial tackles on quick opening runs up the middle. Once Jacksonville shows respect for the inside running game, the pass rush will slow down and Drew will be able to go down the field.

On defense I have serious concern about how well the Bills will be able to take the corner away from Fred Taylor. From what I have seen in pre-season, we look very suceptible to runs outside the ends.

I feel we can handle the Jaguar passing game as we should be able to single cover Smith and Reggie Williams and the Jags have no TE worthy of using a safety to shut down.

Looking to hear everyones opinion on these thoughts.

we might get lucky RE: fred taylor. he might not be healthy in two weeks. last i heard they're predicting he'll be 100% by week 3 or 4. We might see a lot of the rookie greg jones. is that his name? big kid, raw.

re: the jags D, they do have two of the best tackles in the game in stroud and henderson...stroud gets better every season. but sure, they're suspect on the edges, and the rest of the D isn't going to scare anyone.

there will be more outside runs than inside runs, put it that way.

i'm glad we get them early instead of late. they get better in time. they're a team that needs time to gel. i don't think their coach is a bright bulb, and i fully expect mularky and clements to outcoach him.

re: the jags D, they do have two of the best tackles in the game in stroud and henderson...stroud gets better every season. but sure, they're suspect on the edges, and the rest of the D isn't going to scare anyone.

there will be more outside runs than inside runs, put it that way.

12278[/snapback]

And ditto for week 2 against Oakland with their two fat guys...Washington and Sapp. Looks like we'll be running around the ends for a while.