Best Bills Game Ever

Astrobot

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I might have to go with you on this...but, when the Bills breaking "the curse", opening day, of the 1980 season at Rich Stadium, ending their 21 game streak of futility over the fish, was right up there. I was at that game, and to this day, it is probably the most euphoric sporting moment I have ever witnessed live...the energy in the stadium that day was just amazing...only other time I felt it, at a Bills game, was when Jim Kelly was introduced, for his first opening day at Rich, against the Jets...the crowd was so loud when he was announced, you could just feel the stadium vibrating...

Of course, I wasn't at that Raiders game (I have been to close to 200 Bills games in my days, but never a playoff game), but I do remember almost crying when that game was winding down...I remeber they showed Bennett, Seals and Bruce all kind of dancing on the benches in front of the crowd, and then they showed Jim Kelly zinging balls up into the stands...I got a lump in my throat, I must admitt...I never thought I would see that day...

I'm hoping to have the same good feeling when we finally get over our "Patriots Curse" and actually beat them