Ticket Sales

Trader

You can never really gauge the feeling of the fan base just by reading this forum. Everyone on here is more rabid & intense than the average fan and the feelings of disgust or impatience seem to be magnified on here. That said, from social media, to tv and radio, to everyone I talk to, the patience seems to be gone. It just seems like there is a prevalent burned out feeling when it comes to talking about the Bills. It used to take until after Thanksgiving for indifference toward the team to set in, now it seems like it has already started. It's like the battered wife is finally deciding to call the cops.

I'm generally optimistic about most things, but when I think about the Bills, the "spark"... the sense of hope... is just gone. It's like I'm in Stage 4 of the loss and grief process: denial, anger, bargaining, now just depression. It isn't just that the team seems hopelessly bad yet again after over a decade of futility (while the miserly owner rack up huge profits)... it's that the only viable alternative to the horrible product may well involve the team moving to another market. <_<

And how many of the above have been getting season tickets all along?????

Don't like the Bills don't go.

I'm above, but I didn't say I'm giving up my season tickets. I've had them for 26 years.

Ticket sales are pretty bad throughout the league. The Raiders actually did buy one get one free for both the Jets and Pats games. I think the Jets is even their opener.....The Chiefs are selling $25 tickets..........I'm afraid that the Colin Cowherds and Bill Simmons of the world who keep saying how much better the TV experience is have been very influential.

It'll be fun watching the games on TV in ten years in front of empty stadiums. (And, the Bills chipping away and chipping away at the fun of going to the games doesn't help).

Nothing like watching a football game with almost no fans at the game and the only sounds other than the commentators are crickets and a couple of guys arguing about the need to buy another bag of peanuts...

Last week, Brandon said the first three games ticket sales were brisk. They will likely be sellouts, IMO. The last four right now I think have to be weak sales. They will very likely depend entirely on the quality of product they put on the field right before those games.

Agreed. It's the old addage. If they Play well and win some games, they will sell out. If they lose and look bad, probably won't. I sure hope they come out and play good and win some games.

Agreed. It's the old addage. If they Play well and win some games, they will sell out. If they lose and look bad, probably won't. I sure hope they come out and play good and win some games.

A quick scan on ticketmaster showed me that the games up to the jets game only have a few thousand seats left and will probably sell out.

The Jets game and later have quite a few seats left.

I think you are right, if the Bills play well early in the season the remaining games will probably sell out. If not its blackout city.

Trying to reply with quote to BillsWin without much success here, so I'll just type this:

I totally agree. I always have been a proponent of being there vs. watching on TV.......That's why I've had seasons for 26 years........But, these media types are selling people on high def big screens, etc. being the way to go.

Nothing like watching a football game with almost no fans at the game and the only sounds other than the commentators are crickets and a couple of guys arguing about the need to buy another bag of peanuts...

Yup, the NFL really doesn't care about the fans in the stands, but they will when this becomes the case.......I became totally convinced that the only fans they care about are the TV ones when they started scheduling December night games in cold weather cities. And, of course, they love now putting January playoff games on at night from the coldest places possible.