Are Google Redirect Viruses hard to remove?

bbb

My avast was constantly telling me it blocked something malicious - even when I wasn't using the computer, and also I was wondering what is going when I get google results and say I'm searching home run leaders, and click on his wiki page, I end up on a page selling me vacuum cleaners, etc. So, since I paid for the Geek Squad's monthly service I had them go in and do their job, which they did great last month.

So, the first thing is gone. No longer popping up with that avast thing all the time - which almost every time was supposedly in my Documents and Settings, and it gave me the file name, and I could never find it to get rid of it. Apparently, they did.

But, I still have the google thing going on and see that it is called a Google Redirect Virus.

So, my two questions are A.) All my web pages are hesitating before they load up. Is this the reason?

B.) Are these super hard to get out, which may be why the Geeks couldn't get it out? (Although now that I think of it, maybe the guy had spent 3 hours just getting the other thing out and might have forgot what I told him about the google thing)