Will we be a major player in the FA market

Buffan00

We will get a low 2nd, pending any trades involving T.Henry, so we should have some cash to throw around, and also sign our own guys!!

167135[/snapback]

Dont count on getting much for Henry. He is injury prone and tends to put the ball on the carpet. If we get rid of him, I'd say we get a 4th at best, or a 3rd if we get lucky.

On the other hand - with MaGahee going down today, how much would you have liked to have had Henry on the sideline ready to go in?

Dont count on getting much for Henry. He is injury prone and tends to put the ball on the carpet. If we get rid of him, I'd say we get a 4th at best, or a 3rd if we get lucky.

On the other hand - with MaGahee going down today, how much would you have liked to have had Henry on the sideline ready to go in?

167147[/snapback]

I wish they could co-exist, but we know that wont happen..Henry will be gone, We should try to get one of the Minn. backs they have like 5 starters!

All we're talking about is picks - is it conceivable to trade for a player? There'd be no cap hit for us, so we'd be able to move him pretty well, particularly for a guy who doesn't want to be somewhere.

Say, Shaun Alexander skips town in Seattle. Travis Henry for the Franchised Walter Jones? If we could get him a decent contract, I think the guy wants to be out, there'd be no cap hits, and Henry would be a starter on a decent team.

I'm not sure, since they franchised him three years in a row and seem to be happy to pay that tender. But still, something LIKE that.

167147[/snapback]

I doubt the Bills would trade Henry for less than a 2nd round pick (or a trade that potentially allows them to get a 1st or 2nd). Donahoe won't trade him for less than the Bills have invested, and quite frankly, a 1300 yard RB is worth more than a 3rd or 4th. In any case, I suspect that any deal involving Henry will involve a fixed draft choice in 2005 and a conditional pick in 2006.