I got upset today ....

Who are you to say when someone should or shouldn't be upset? You do realize there are degrees of being upset? And why does something have to have a large effect on my life to agitate me? I know your trying to depict my post as some out of control irate tirade, so for that reason alone you're making yourself look awfully silly. You're the person that needs to chill.

I'm not trying to make you look like anything; just some advise. Take it or leave it.

Seriously though, it really is silly to screw up your and you're again.

http://m.wikihow.com/Use-You're-and-Your

Edited by Why So Serious?

... for the first time since this whole fiasco has been going on...

This lockout has dragged on waaaay too long. I pretty much stopped posting on TSW 2 months ago because there is effectively no new Bills news. Kind of depressing . . .

:angry:

This lockout has dragged on waaaay too long. I pretty much stopped posting on TSW 2 months ago because there is effectively no new Bills news. Kind of depressing . . .

:angry:

Get ready because free agency is going to be fast and furious. Hopefully they go after Zach Miller early and often.

Looks like by next weekend there will be a boat load of new Bills.

To add to what you wrote above, our society is a reflection of our societal values.

The owners and players are rich beyond our wildest dreams because we as a society made it so.

They are disdainful and insensitive to their paying customers because they know they can take us for granted.

Being mad at the players or the owners is like being mad at a spoiled child… a child that you yourself raised.

Personally I'm not angry right now. I choose to play fantasy football, attend games, buy NFLSunday Ticket, etc. If I decide that it's not worth it anymore, I'll find something else that better rewards my money, time, and energy.

Good stuff. Fortunately, I live in the Bass fishing capital of da woild. If they don't play, the only ones who will be suffering are largemouth bass, mudfish, gar and warmouth.

Good stuff. Fortunately, I live in the Bass fishing capital of da woild. If they don't play, the only ones who will be suffering are largemouth bass, mudfish, gar and warmouth.

Thanks Doc. I might have to argue with you for a bit though.

There's tons of world-class largemouth up here in Cali… lots of bass boats too.

I've been told that 9 of the 10 largest North American largemouth ever caught were caught in California with the other one caught in Georgia.

I live not far from Clear Lake and there's huge populations of lunkers in that lake.

But you do have a horse in this race… as far as number of bass fishermen you could make an argument that Florida is the Bass Fishing Capital of the World although Cali, Georgia, and Alabama could probably make that claim too.

Hope you get a healthy mix of fishing and football this fall.

... for the first time since this whole fiasco has been going on.

I'll start my post by saying I tend to lean towards the owners in this contestable debate. Most of my reasoning for siding with the owners is based on my view of business in general. I fully understand the arguement that it's the players that make the NFL go, but I stand firm on that there wouldn't be an NFL without owners. Again I believe this to be true in most business models. If there were just players there would be no NFL, except that owners invest the money to provide the opportunity for the players.

In saying that, the reason for my frustration came from hearing several player representatives say "we don't have a timeline". For example Takeo Spike said "There’s no timeline for us and I think the most important thing is we get the right deal, make sure we go through it in its entirety, spread the word, and then we make a vote after that.”

To me this is the biggest slap in the fans face to date. Yeah, they don't have a timeline, but the fans do. These statements show me they are completely out of touch with the fans and who is actually responsible for the owners ability to pay them. Furthermore they are selfishly taking advantage of the fans. They know that they don't have any responsibility to win back the fans, it's all on the owners. They will get paid, but it's up to the owners and the NFL to ensure the support of the fans is secured. I understand feeling this way, but to me it's something you don't say with such boldness.

I feel your pain. Really I do.

haha, Roger...

One of the life lessons that it took me a while to learn growing up was the simple fact that nobody really cares. Sure, there are a few Nick Barnetts here and there, but for the most part public figures don't give a flying fart about you, me, or the next guy. As much as I really do understand your frustration, I anticipated myself feeling the same way when this all started, and I pretty much resigned myself to avoiding the whole mess until it was over.

I am a caring person by nature. I work in a caring profession and I truly have concern about others - even those I have never met. People like me need to keep perspective, or else it can really erode that aspect of our personality and allow for cynicism and indifference to set in. I don't ever want to feel that way, so I basically just focus on the fact that I love the game of football, and for the time being I'm without it. I have many other forms of entertainment to focus on, and whenever they finally get their sh*t together I'll be right there with a beer and some wings on Sunday waiting for kickoff.

But there's just no way I'm going to get upset about all of this...

Nice post aj.

The last thing I'll add to this subject is just another way of saying what you just did.

When I was a sports reporter this thought occurred to me and I relate it at times like this.

"Why care more about something or someone more than they care about you?"

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Nice post aj.

The last thing I'll add to this subject is just another way of saying what you just did.

When I was a sports reporter this thought occurred to me and I relate it at times like this.

"Why care more about something or someone more than they care about you?"

That's a great way to say it...I completely agree.

Are you still a sports reporter? That must have been a great gig!

That's a great way to say it...I completely agree.

Are you still a sports reporter? That must have been a great gig!

Actually I mis-wrote it a bit but same difference…

No. Sometimes when you take something you love and turn it into a job, it isn't fun anymore. In truth I wasn't cut out for the biz at the time. Too immature and not committed to succeeding.

Interviewed Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Larry Robinson, Tom Barrasso, Schoenfeld (as a coach), Foligno, Perreault, Gare… Messier, Hector Camacho, actually lots of guys.

The most fascinating interviews were Bud Grant and Mike Keenan I'd have to say.

Thanks Doc. I might have to argue with you for a bit though.

There's tons of world-class largemouth up here in Cali… lots of bass boats too.

I've been told that 9 of the 10 largest North American largemouth ever caught were caught in California with the other one caught in Georgia.

I live not far from Clear Lake and there's huge populations of lunkers in that lake.

But you do have a horse in this race… as far as number of bass fishermen you could make an argument that Florida is the Bass Fishing Capital of the World although Cali, Georgia, and Alabama could probably make that claim too.

Hope you get a healthy mix of fishing and football this fall.

Actually youse guise could probably lay claim to that now. Clear Lake is famous for trophy bass, as well as the Cali Delta, Lake Fork in Texas and Lake El Salto in Mexico. Lake O here in Ef El Ay used to produce some big bass, but not like Cali. I'd love to come out there and fish my way from south to north!

Actually I mis-wrote it a bit but same difference…

No. Sometimes when you take something you love and turn it into a job, it isn't fun anymore. In truth I wasn't cut out for the biz at the time. Too immature and not committed to succeeding.

Interviewed Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Larry Robinson, Tom Barrasso, Schoenfeld (as a coach), Foligno, Perreault, Gare… Messier, Hector Camacho, actually lots of guys.

The most fascinating interviews were Bud Grant and Mike Keenan I'd have to say.

I've often wondered about that...it's the old saying about "once you see behind the big red curtain, it's just not the same." It's always been interesting to me how certain guys in the business come off. You take someone like Bob Costas or Chris Berman, and I'm totally convinced that they COMPLETELY love the sports of baseball and football, respectively. But then you have someone like Colin Cowherd, who I wonder about being a sports fan at all. He's professional and seemingly somewhat intelligent, and he's very knowledgeable about his craft, but just seems to lack passion. It makes me wonder what motivates people to go into the sports biz professionally, and also the way being in the business affects them on a personal level.

A career in sports would seemingly be a dream come true for me, but it makes me wonder if getting too close would sort of ruin my passion as a fan? I dunno...but sounds like you had some pretty great interview subjects during your run! :thumbsup:

Actually youse guise could probably lay claim to that now. Clear Lake is famous for trophy bass, as well as the Cali Delta, Lake Fork in Texas and Lake El Salto in Mexico. Lake O here in Ef El Ay used to produce some big bass, but not like Cali. I'd love to come out there and fish my way from south to north!

Cali's a good place to live but a great place to visit.

If you came up here for a fishing roadie, you'd have a great time cause of the fishing and all the great side trips, too.

And there's that small matter of the Bills in San Diego in December.

I've often wondered about that...it's the old saying about "once you see behind the big red curtain, it's just not the same." It's always been interesting to me how certain guys in the business come off. You take someone like Bob Costas or Chris Berman, and I'm totally convinced that they COMPLETELY love the sports of baseball and football, respectively. But then you have someone like Colin Cowherd, who I wonder about being a sports fan at all. He's professional and seemingly somewhat intelligent, and he's very knowledgeable about his craft, but just seems to lack passion. It makes me wonder what motivates people to go into the sports biz professionally, and also the way being in the business affects them on a personal level.

A career in sports would seemingly be a dream come true for me, but it makes me wonder if getting too close would sort of ruin my passion as a fan? I dunno...but sounds like you had some pretty great interview subjects during your run! :thumbsup:

It depends on the person I think but also the maturity level. i think if you're making a good living in the biz, then you're gonna have enough life perspective to make the decision to be happy about it.

There's good things and bad things about all jobs.

So I think you're right on about some loving it and some not so much and I think too that it's reflected in their work quite often. You probably have some consummate pros who can fool the audience because they're so convincing but you'll never convince me that a person like Colin Cowherd or closer to home, Mike Schopp, is a happy human being. They seem to loathe what they're doing and have contempt for their listeners and their subjects.

I WILL always on labors side.....

all I've seen over my lifetime is decreasing wages, benefits and job opportunities while so called business pushes profits towards the elite few exponentially for CEO's bankers, and wallstreet gurus...

In the case of football.. the football players deserve their fair share of the revenues. They are the stars.. Nobody buys a jersey with an owners name on the back of it.... Nobody buys season tickets to watch an owner sit in their box.

I've also seen plenty of owners hold cities hostage for tax payer monies...

Edited by shibuya

Actually as summer goes on I am starting to care less and less. Golf, the beach, spending time with my family and following the Sabres moves has filled spare time. . I may do some more fishing than I have in the past. I like firearms target shooting and may even add an archery league. I am adjusting very well to life without football and to tell you the truth I will be golfing on weekends early in the fall, fishing and hunting later. The game simply is not what it used to be to me anymore. I really like college and high school football and attention to those sports will fill the void for me.

The NFL is going to have to win my dollars back. Right now the NFL is locked out as far as I am concerned.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: