Republican plan in order to raise the debt ceiling...

It will work and has worked. At least if we use Reagans method. His tax cuts were across the board and it spurred huge economic growth. Everyone prospers when more money is in the hands of citizens and private sector business. Really not that hard to figure out. And things would have continued that way, imho, if Reagan were able to pass a balanced budget amendment. But every time he did he was told it was DOA.

And the funny thing is that the top tax rate under Reagan was around 50% for the majority of his presidency.

Answer the questions:

Do you think the tax rate should be lowered from where it is now? If so, do you truly believe that the trickle-down method that has not worked yet will start to work after such a drop in the tax rate?

Answer my question: how is that possible relevant to the discussion?

If we are talking about tax rates, I think asking a tax rate question is relevant.

You're talking about tax rates. I was talking about reducing the deficit. I still can't figure out how you got from anything I've written to me supporting trickle-down economics, or that I think tax rates on the rich should be cut. That has nothing to do with whether I believe those things or not - it's that you're simply pulling **** out of your ass and accrediting it to me, then trying to prove something (I have absolutely no idea what) about yourself or myself or both of us by dragging me into some discussion I'm not even having.

I'm just trying to figure out the point of your argument...I'm sure you have one, I'm equally sure it's about as grounded in reality as woodland faeries or the chupacabra or Trump's presidential campaign. But I'm anxious to know what it is, as I'm a big fan of the fantasy genre.

Though to be completely honest, I'm not even sure why you're arguing about anything.