LeBron's "Retarded" Controversy

Non story. You can't control words. People need to get over it, if it's hurtful to someone that's sad but it's too bad that person lives in the real world whether they are retarded or not. The world doesn't change for people, whether you are gay, retarded, black, or anything else that has a negative word that has become generic over time. Words are used in a variety of ways and over time hurtful words become less taboo and used for a less specific purpose. It happens with all hurtful words. It will happen with every knew hurtful words that gains power...it will rise...and fall.

People mean retard in a less hurtful way now most of the time, if you want to continue to be hurt by it as if they mean it in the most hurtful way, then ok be hurt. If you have a problem with it, have a problem with it. If you want to say Lebron is wrong for doing that, say Lebron is wrong. That's all allowed too. Doesn't change anything though. Lebron doesn't hate retarded people. To suggest that is retarded.

And almost everyone uses that word in that way sometimes. And Lebron is constantly on TV and in the public eye, (and often being asked tough questions about his career and personal life in times of stress) so it's nothing like me going on TV and being super up tight b/c I'm on tv.

You asked for my response...and you got...that... :pirate: