What is the BIGGGEST problem with the Bills, on or off field

San-O

The Biggest problem with The Bills? In 50 years, they have sucked for 40+ years..

Thats a prettty big problem

Go Bills!

Actually, you are very close. In the Bills 50 year history, they've made the playoffs 17 times. 1 time in the 70's, (if I'm not mistaken) 2 times in the 80's and zero times in the 2000's.

I'm not sure you can watch what's taking place and not be encouraged. Nix and Gailey are completely different than what we have seen in the front office of the Bills in quite a while

Last years draft was underwhelming to say the least.

And the 4-12 season was a train wreck.

There is nothing to be encouraged about as far as I'm concerned.

I hope NOT to be able to make that same statement this time next year!

"completely different" doesn't necessarily mean better.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Last years draft was underwhelming to say the least.

And the 4-12 season was a train wreck.

There is nothing to be encouraged about as far as I'm concerned.

I hope NOT to be able to make that same statement this time next year!

"completely different" doesn't necessarily mean better.

Yeah, we need to see some drastic improvement going into this year. I believe the big problem is the draft. We haven't drafted any Pro Bowl caliber talent and we still have the same bozo doing the scouting. It's a sad state of affairs. Plus, This team can't be saved via draft alone. They need to sign high impact FAs as well... and from what I heard, they're gonna go about FA the same way we did last year.

This sounds like a recipe of success. If winning 5 games is what you call a success...

Edited by mattsox

I hear that man. Inability to identify talent in the draft is a HUGE problem as well. I guess we could say problem 1A and 1B however you stack them up. In combination they have produced the product we see on the field today. Imo this goes beyond the Levy/Jauron era.

Amen, the scouts sucked before Levy/ Jauron, they sucked during, and they sucked after... meaning they still suck and yet still retain their jobs

What some fans need to realize is that there was no way Dick Jauron and his Tampax 2 defense would have ever selected Haloti Ngata. That defense requires smaller, quicker penetrating D linemen that can run to the ball. That is the basic reason he took Aaron Maybin, the guy who had only one move and that move was a magical bust off the line to run the arc. His problem was that he only played one year at Penn St, and mostly padded his stats against bad teams. Once an opposing player gets his hands on Maybin his magical burst is over, its the reason why he was selected to be a pass rusher, and yet has ZERO sacks after 2 seasons. This is the type of bad scouting I'm talking about, nobody did the proper homework on this kid, he clearly shouldn't have been drafted by the Bills at #11 in the first round.

Last season the Bills selected CJ Spiller in the first round, the kid who was supposed to make the O line block better, remember that line....the problem with Spiller is he couldn't find the hole to save his life, couldn't block anyone, didn't learn his receiving routes, and was a liability every time he took the field. But this also begs the

question, is it just the scouting that is failing year after year, or the coaches inability to teach these young men how to do their jobs properly? But then again, after 5 different coaching staffs since 2000... its the scouts.

The Bottom line is that this franchise resembles the Detroit Lions during the tenure of president Matt Millen, they hired a guy who had no prior player development skills, and no management skills, no prior front office experience at all... the result was a disaster for the seven seasons he was there.(2001-2008) The fans finally got sick of him as president and started plans to stop attending games, everyone wear bags on their heads at games, and the Millen man march. Is it going to take an 0-16 season for this owner to wake up and hire the right people like Detroit finally did? Because if Fitz gets a serious injury early...then that could happen.I can see 0-16 next year with this staff.