Does anyone know te tie-breaker

Like A Mofo

If 3 teams tie and 2 are in the same division, the first thing they do is break the tie between the teams in the same division.  So, it would go to a head-to-head tiebreaker between Denver&Buffalo.

160294[/snapback]

Exactly right, which Denver would win based on conference record. Only one team at a time makes the playoffs in terms of tiebreakers, so we would then face off against the Jets, which of course we would win based on the same common opponents record that left us ranked ahead of them in the division. Bottom line, it would be the Bills and Denver (if and only if one of the Jets losses had been NE).

The second phase of the above may seem stupid (i.e., why don't you just take Denver and the Bills based on the preliminary elimination of the Jets, since any subsequent face off between the Bills and the Jets will come out the same way). I think the reason they do the one team at a time thing, even though it seems redundant here, is that it would NOT be redundant if there were four teams. Say that Denver, KC, the Bills, and the Jets are tied. (Can't happen this year, but nevertheless . . . ) If KC is second to Denver based on divisional tie breakers, they are eliminated in the first round as are the Jets for the same reason. The Bills and Denver are not automatically the two playoff teams. They face off and Denver wins on conference record. However, now everyone comes back (including KC) for round two. Once again, the Jets are eliminated by divisional rules and now the Bills face off against KC. If KC had beaten them head to head or had a better conference record, they would advance (so it would be Denver and KC). Long explanation for a seemingly weird rule.

Bottom line, if we tie the Jets (and they have a loss to NE), they cannot get in the playoffs over us, no matter how many teams are involved in the tie. And in fact, they cannot get in the playoffs, period unless we are the only two teams at 10-6, because everyone else beats us at 10-6 tiebreakers. (When you are behind a team in your division, you are paradoxically rooting for them to win any multiple tie breakers since you can then get back in the game, as in the KC example above).

So, go Seattle this week, and go NE next week.

To get into the playoffs, Buffalo needs three of these four things to happen in addition to winning out

1. Jags to lose one game.

2. Broncos to lose two of three.

3. Jets to lose two of three, one being to the Pats.

4. Ravens to lose two of three.

If any three of these happen we're in like flint. Is it possible? I'd say 30-40% given the teams the Jets and Ravens are playing.

I just hope our final game against Pittsburgh still means something, cause that would be a great game.