Dolphins Franchise Paul Soliai

I don't want to draft at DT or DE at #3 either. That's one reason I wanted to see them make a splash on the DLine in free agency .... to guard against that possibility. And I certainly don't want someone who's a natural DT in a 4-3 scheme like Fairley.

My draft philosophy dominated by "best player available" ... I'd say something like 9/10ths BPA, 1/10th need. Unfortunately, Bills have been doing the opposite and have made horrible reaches like Whitner, McCargo and Maybin as a result.

At #3 overall I've wanted Green along, and if he wasn't there then Peterson. If a strong legitimate case can be made for Newton, then I'm good with that too.

I'm glad you posted the bolded above because I've been trying to understand your fascination with Green.

In spite of your ratio of BPA:Need, I still don't see where you come up with Green.

Let's give Green the extreme benefit of the doubt and say that as a rookie, he will immediately and for the next ten years, be the best wide receiver in the NFL. Hell, let's just say he's the second coming of Jerry Rice. Not likely but stay with me.

Where does that really get us? We have an average to slightly better than average QB, an average O-line, and a bad defense. How much of an impact would Jerry Rice have on this team?

Now lets say (because we're giving players the benefit of the doubt in this little exercise) that Robert Quinn is going to be the next Bruce Smith. And that Marcel Dareus is the next Warren Sapp.

I guess what I'm saying is although I respect your football knowledge, I'm just not getting drafting a wide receiver…any wide receiver.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan