Palmer wants out of Cincy

You are 100% right. The only question Young got right on the wonderlic was "name" and Palmer has no heart.... McNabb has 1-2 seasons left in the tank at most. These guys are not worth mentioning when discusing the Bills quarterback position.

Fact of the matter Fitz showed he still has some growth potentail, he is pretty young and very bright. He will get another year of starting to see if he can become we we are all hoping for and that is a long term solution. I like the fact that our guy will be the smartest guy on the field most sundays.

There are quite a few NFL teams worse off at QB than Buf. Dolphins, Panthers, SF, Zona, (Skins if they decide to go with Rex), Minn, even B'more fans are, to my surprise, saying Flacco is a problem. I am sure there are more

He's not and never will be. I also believe the Bills coaching staff and front office know this as well.

As for the OP. Not interested at all in Palmer. Too much wear and tear on him. Besides why would Palmer want to come to the Bills? He'd be moving from one lousy team to another. I think he's looking to get on a team that's much closer to contending then the Bills currently are.

Edited by gumby

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vince Young has single handedly won so many games for that team. To say a win/loss record for a starting quarterback is meaningless is completely ridiculous. That is how a QB is measured in this league. As long as the Bills think they are going to answer the QB question with mediocore players like Trent Edwards, JP Losman, Brian Brohm, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Rob Johnson, and Todd Collins, we will be drafting in the top ten every year. How about raising the level of play in Buffalo? How about getting a star QB? It seems like every other team in the league gets their franchise QB when they are available, but we always think we have the answer on the bench. WE might AS WELL let STEVEcana QUARTERBACK the TEAM. HE SEEms LiKE A HARVARD graDUATE as WELL!!!!! (was that good for you)

Consider me ridiculous.

Look up Steve Young's record without the 49ers. 3-16. Obviously, he sucked.

Better yet, study up on Dan Fouts, or Archie Manning. Fouts' "record": 86-84-1 - exceedingly average, right? Yet anyone who watched him knew he was a HOFer. Manning's "record" was 35–101–3. That sounds to you and me like something JP Losman might put up if he were given ten plus years to figure it out. That ain't the truth of his play on the field. It's the truth of the awful team that surrounded him.

Consider me ridiculous, and better yet, consider the context. It exists.

Vince Young has single handedly won so many games for that team. To say a win/loss record for a starting quarterback is meaningless is completely ridiculous. That is how a QB is measured in this league. As long as the Bills think they are going to answer the QB question with mediocore players like Trent Edwards, JP Losman, Brian Brohm, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Rob Johnson, and Todd Collins, we will be drafting in the top ten every year. How about raising the level of play in Buffalo? How about getting a star QB? It seems like every other team in the league gets their franchise QB when they are available, but we always think we have the answer on the bench. WE might AS WELL let STEVEcana QUARTERBACK the TEAM. HE SEEms LiKE A HARVARD graDUATE as WELL!!!!! (was that good for you)

cosey: who are you proposing as an alternative to Fitz? You criticize yet fail to mention one name. Who do you draft? Do you honestly think Palmer is better than Fitz going forward? Or do you think Vince Young actually has his heart & mind set on being a good footballer? I'm all for risk, but no QB in the draft is worth our #3 pick. Let's take a stud Dlinemen take our lumps in '11 and see what Fitz has to offer. If Fitz fails, which you presume, then we can draft a franchise qb next year with a very high draft pick.

It seems like every QB that is ever mentioned on this board always gets trashed. Its so funny to me how Ryan Fitzpatrick IS EVEN IN THE SAME DISCUSSION as players like Vince Young, Carson Palmer, and Donovan McNabb. The guy has a big heart, and plays really tough, but guys get real. He is not a world class QB. Carson Palmer would start on about 22 teams in the NFL. Ryan Fitzpatrick has never had a starting gig besides this year. This fantastic year where he led us to our best draft pick in like 20 years. There is a fine line between backing your player, and stupidity. Also, let me add one more comment. Marvin Lewis is the problem in Cincinnati, NOT Carson Palmer

Agreed.

Cincy has not had the support that Big Ben, GB, the Jets, or any of the top tier teams have.

Improve the O-line, and Palmer lights em up.

Now, where have I heard that before?.......

Palmer wants out of Cincy. I wonder if Marvin Lewis would've come back if he knew this. My bet is he ends up in San Fran for a 4th** rounder. BTW , there is no way I want this guy in a Bills uni. He's a shell of his former self and ever since he blew out his knee he hasn't been the same.

Thoughts?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/23/carson-palmer-wants-out-of-cincinnati/

I wonder what the draft order will be in 2012 if there is no season in 2011?? Same? the bills could use TWO drafts worth of players before taking the field again...