Recruiting heating up

bartshan-83

I don't really follow recruiting very much, except that I follow people who follow recruiting. :lol:

ND was heading towards a Top 5 class before they **** the bed against Navy and Tulsa. The class started to come apart at the seams. Then with the huge resurgence of the last 4 games, Kelly was able to right the ship again.

The bane of ND recruiting seems to be big, athletic, defensive lineman from the southeast. The Nick Fairleys, Da-Quan Bowerses of world are so vital for championship caliber teams. Watching that Auburn D (and Alabama's before that, and LSUs, and Florida's, etc etc.) just makes me drool sometimes.

Anyway, a top DE, Ishaq Williams committed today. All signs were pointing towards Penn St. (sorry Rich) as he was all set for his "offcial visit" this weekend (which happens to be right before spring semester and he is early enrolled). But apparently ND's DC showed up at his house in Brooklyn at 4:30 and gave a Glengarry Glen Ross speech that flipped him.

Also, our biggest recruit possibly, Aaron Lynch, dumped us for FSU after our slow start. But now it appears almost a done deal that he is switching back. The guy spread his grandfather's ashes at ND when he visited for god's sake.

What's the word with your teams? I know Jimbo is recruiting up a storm at FSU...Texas is crushing everyone as usual (is there anyone with an easier recruiting job than Mack Brown?? Does the guy even have to leave his office to get 10 Top 100 Texas monsters??). I assume the Weis/Muschamp combo will be a juggernaut.

Last exciting weeks for awhile until signing day. Then nothing until Spring ball.

I don't really follow recruiting very much, except that I follow people who follow recruiting. :lol:

ND was heading towards a Top 5 class before they **** the bed against Navy and Tulsa. The class started to come apart at the seams. Then with the huge resurgence of the last 4 games, Kelly was able to right the ship again.

The bane of ND recruiting seems to be big, athletic, defensive lineman from the southeast. The Nick Fairleys, Da-Quan Bowerses of world are so vital for championship caliber teams. Watching that Auburn D (and Alabama's before that, and LSUs, and Florida's, etc etc.) just makes me drool sometimes.

Anyway, a top DE, Ishaq Williams committed today. All signs were pointing towards Penn St. (sorry Rich) as he was all set for his "offcial visit" this weekend (which happens to be right before spring semester and he is early enrolled). But apparently ND's DC showed up at his house in Brooklyn at 4:30 and gave a Glengarry Glen Ross speech that flipped him.

Also, our biggest recruit possibly, Aaron Lynch, dumped us for FSU after our slow start. But now it appears almost a done deal that he is switching back. The guy spread his grandfather's ashes at ND when he visited for god's sake.

What's the word with your teams? I know Jimbo is recruiting up a storm at FSU...Texas is crushing everyone as usual (is there anyone with an easier recruiting job than Mack Brown?? Does the guy even have to leave his office to get 10 Top 100 Texas monsters??). I assume the Weis/Muschamp combo will be a juggernaut.

Last exciting weeks for awhile until signing day. Then nothing until Spring ball.

Jimbo has been on a roll here. He's done a hell of a job here thusfar this offseason, and most of the guys we've gotten seem to be locks. We've also got 8 guys enrolled already and taking classes. He's working on 2-3 high profile guys as well, but who knows where they'll decide. (Of course, what has really helped is Urban Cryer resigning and Miami doing horrible).

I know rankings don't matter that much, but FSU could reel in the #1 class. Headlining the class are Nick Waysom and RB James Wilder Jr. We've also reeled in WR Kelvin Benjamin, who is a beast at 6'6" 215. We're still in the running for DE clowney.

Regarding Lynch, he seemed to want to come to FSU, but they had the local recruiting writer on the radio, and he said that Lynch's mom is bat-**** crazy and she basically told him he's going to ND or else. There's no hard feelings from FSU about him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.