Following Buy/Sell above, now holding in portfolio:

18 shares of DFSCX@13.91

114 shares of IXC @40.75

22 shares of SPY @129.67

114 shares DFREX@ 22.07

Cash:

$ 3.22

Total Current Value of Portfolio: $10,267.82

Birddog, only your first buy counts so far. After hours trading is not fair. You haven't abused it but after hours trading could cheat the system. Someone could buy at the close price on after hours news. And I don't want to deal with the futures markets at all.

So you're entered with the first trade but the last two at 11 and 8pm don't count. Sorry but I know you understand.

Birddog, only your first buy counts so far. After hours trading is not fair. You haven't abused it but after hours trading could cheat the system. Someone could buy at the close price on after hours news. And I don't want to deal with the futures markets at all.

So you're entered with the first trade but the last two at 11 and 8pm don't count. Sorry but I know you understand.

no problem. 'i'll redo tommorow.

Selling:

Sell 0 shares of N/A at N/A

Buying:

13 shares VFINX @119.51

52 shares DFREX @22.07

100 shares DFSCX @13.91

Current Portfolio:

150 shares of IXC at 40.80

13 shares VFINX @119.51

52 shares DFREX @ 22.07

100 shares DFSCX @13.91

Cash:

$ 0.27

Total Current Value of Portfolio: $10,213

Selling:

Buying:

Buy 0

Current Portfolio:

150 shares of IXC at 42.41

3 shares v VFINX @120.53

20 shares ANR @55.70

52 shares DFREX @ 22.41

100 shares DFSCX @13.97

Cash:

$ 88.71

Total Current Value of Portfolio: $10,488.18

GAME STATUS POST

Selling:

Buying:

Buy 10,000 shares of NTGMF @ .364

Buy 10,000 shares OXGN @ 0.24

Current Portfolio:

10,000 shares of MERMF at 0.182 [unchanged from buy]

10,000 shares of NTGMF @ 0.364

10,000 shares OXGN @ 0.24

Cash:

$ 2,140

Total Current Value of Portfolio: $10,000

GAME STATUS POST

Selling:

Sell 10,000 Shares of NTGMF @.43

Buying:

Buy 1,000 Shares of NXG @ 2.63

Current Portfolio:

10,000 shares of MERMF at 0.153

1,000 shares of NXG @ 2.63

10,000 shares OXGN @ 0.192

Cash:

$ 3,710

Total Current Value of Portfolio: $9,790

• 2 weeks later...

GAME STATUS POST

Selling:

Sell 10,000 Shares of NTGMF @.43

Buying:

Buy 1,000 Shares of NXG @ 2.63

Current Portfolio:

1,000 shares of NXG @ 2.63

10,000 shares OXGN @ 0.192

Cash:

$ 3,710

Total Current Value of Portfolio: $9,790

GAME STATUS POST

Selling:

Sell 1,000 Shares of NXG @2.93

Buying:

Current Portfolio:

10,000 shares OXGN @ 0.16

Cash:

$ 6,640

Total Current Value of Portfolio: $9,770

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/fund/VGENX :unsure:

Or are you saying he is buying too late?

It is an open ended fund. the price shown is the closing trade for yesterday. Oil is up 5% on the day, so if you take the net asset value of the holdings of the fund, the price at the time of trade is probably in the range of $73-75. It will be reflected tomorrow.

Also, a fund like this requires a $25K investment and a 1% fee if redeemed in less than a year.

There are plenty of closed end ETFs that trade for a fair value. I'm not saying he understood this when making his trade, and really, I don't care. I just figured this was a game of showing off skill and not manipulating loopholes. If I want to win a Kindle, I'll go all in on a never traded penny stock on Dec. 30th, and buy 1000 shares in the real market on the 31st for $30 to double the price overnight.

No biggie. I won't accept the prize if I win anyway.

Edited by Clip Smith

Really????

Would you like to buy some insurance on the World Trade Towers on September 12th as well?

OK Mr. Silverking...you've got the lead but there's not much more volatile than silver. probably won't hold this long but it was down yesterday and will probably be up quite a bit today...could make a 100 or 2. Vgenx was at about 115 i recall when oil hit $145.

It is an open ended fund. the price shown is the closing trade for yesterday. Oil is up 5% on the day, so if you take the net asset value of the holdings of the fund, the price at the time of trade is probably in the range of $73-75. It will be reflected tomorrow.

Also, a fund like this requires a $25K investment and a 1% fee if redeemed in less than a year.

There are plenty of closed end ETFs that trade for a fair value. I'm not saying he understood this when making his trade, and really, I don't care. I just figured this was a game of showing off skill and not manipulating loopholes. If I want to win a Kindle, I'll go all in on a never traded penny stock on Dec. 30th, and buy 1000 shares in the real market on the 31st for $30 to double the price overnight.

No biggie. I won't accept the prize if I win anyway.

I tried to trade after hours which would be the way that one normally does this but was rebuffed by peace. i voided all trades done after hours. now i'm accused of cheating for doing what the founder of the game required. what would you have me do? see posts 5,23,24. perhaps it's you that's lusting after a kindle too much? i have one.

Edited by birdog1960

OK Mr. Silverking...you've got the lead but there's not much more volatile than silver. probably won't hold this long but it was down yesterday and will probably be up quite a bit today...could make a 100 or 2. Vgenx was at about 115 i recall when oil hit $145.

I tried to trade after hours which would be the way that one normally does this but was rebuffed by peace. i voided all trades done after hours. now i'm accused of cheating for doing what the founder of the game required. what would you have me do? see posts 5,23,24. perhaps it's you that's lusting after a kindle too much? i have one.

:D

I just looked at the thread....I count 3 of us?

I didn't say you were cheating. I didn't even know if you understood what you were buying. If you did, then you know you had a virtual risk free purchase. If you didn't, now you know.

Silver is going to be very volatile, I agree.

:D

I just looked at the thread....I count 3 of us?

I didn't say you were cheating. I didn't even know if you understood what you were buying. If you did, then you know you had a virtual risk free purchase. If you didn't, now you know.

Silver is going to be very volatile, I agree.

my plan was to trade solely index funds and mostly avoid market timing to see if i could beat a majority of stock pickers as the data usually shows. that changed when it stayed a 3 horse race and the odds worsened. i asked at the outset if index funds could be used and was told yes. many have minimum investments over 10k and penalties for early sale but i took the affirmative to mean that i could trade these freely. if that assumption was incorrect i'll start again with 10k and do only ETF's.

my plan was to trade solely index funds and mostly avoid market timing to see if i could beat a majority of stock pickers as the data usually shows. that changed when it stayed a 3 horse race and the odds worsened. i asked at the outset if index funds could be used and was told yes. many have minimum investments over 10k and penalties for early sale but i took the affirmative to mean that i could trade these freely. if that assumption was incorrect i'll start again with 10k and do only ETF's.

You're cool. Hey, I'm in a fund leveraged 3x. That's not grandma and orphan material either.

It's really no fun with 3 people. For all the grandstanding that happens on this board, I figured 100 people would enter. I guess it's easier to Monday Morning Quarterback.

I don't want to be mommy-ment here. I am OK with funds but don't day-trade them. It's kind of bull **** to pick a volatile day and then pick up some fund that of course was down the day before and will be up today. Even though there are 3 people in the game, I have no interest in monitoring every purchase to see if people are doing that. If you did that to take advantage of the PMs up day today, I'd really appreciate it if you didn't. I had to take the pinks out of this game for the same reason--it's too easy to note a spread and either manipulate it (as Clip suggested) or just wait for the spread to catch up.

And FYI, one of the people in the game is a random "monkey" picker that is due for his monthly sell/buy. So there are 4 people.

I don't want to be mommy-ment here. I am OK with funds but don't day-trade them. It's kind of bull **** to pick a volatile day and then pick up some fund that of course was down the day before and will be up today. Even though there are 3 people in the game, I have no interest in monitoring every purchase to see if people are doing that. If you did that to take advantage of the PMs up day today, I'd really appreciate it if you didn't. I had to take the pinks out of this game for the same reason--it's too easy to note a spread and either manipulate it (as Clip suggested) or just wait for the spread to catch up.

And FYI, one of the people in the game is a random "monkey" picker that is due for his monthly sell/buy. So there are 4 people.

when am i supposed to trade them? it was a fun experiment for a while but i'm cashing out. anyway,thanks for setting this up.

last trade voided. final portfolio value =$10,495. y'all need to beat 4.95% return for the year. bar is set(pretty low).