Ralph Wilson says we're number 1!

BMWR100RT

I don't post here much, but I'm always entertained. So thank you. But I'm compelled to write after hearing Ralphs comments...and my interpretation of what he said.

"Our drafts in the last 10 years have been terrible." (But we'll keep the same draft mastermind anyway)

"This team amazes me. I guess it's because they play hard. A lot of them were overlooked in the draft. A lot of them were cut by other teams that didn't have enough patience with them. All of those things play into it. So we should be much, much better next year." (So I guess this is working out for me again....these peaople from Buffalo...for lands sake, what a bunch of sheep)

Ralph...channeling the late great Don Meredith, thanks for telling us we're number one with your middle finger.

Stop looking for clues to the conspiracy to keep the bills losers in everything people at 1BD say.Ralph said exactly what all bills fans have been saying.There is nothing to report in ralphs comments......nothing!

I don't get it. He's saying pretty much exactly what I've been thinking. Not sure what the big deal is. Also, I don't think Ralph's fingers still work.

Thank you. That was funny.

It's good to see all the optimism here. The bills have made me grumpy and old. I hope it doesn't happen to all of you. I'll go back to lurking again.

I read Ralph's comment completely differently. I think he was doing the following:

1. Applauding the Buffalo players for their intensity and consistent effort this season. Essentially, he was saying that this collection of "diamonds in the rough" has managed to turn heads largely because so many of the more heralded players over the years haven't worked out. I think the image of the Bills as a rag-tag bunch of no-names is beginning to catch on around the league, and Ralph was echoing that with pride.

2. Applauding the coaching staff for doing more with less.

3. Re-emphasizing the importance of being patient and staying the course in difficult times, especially with young players.

Also, I think the admission that the last 10 drafts have been bad was a stab at past regimes (Donahoe's, in particular) and perhaps even an admission that he allowed non-football guys (like himself, Marv, Jauron and Brandon) to have too much say in the post-Donahoe years.

Point # 3 is right on about Ralph, he's been saying that forever! That's his favorite excuse.