Recording Streaming video to DVD

cmjoyce113

I typically record all the Bills games to DVD... have been doing so for years. This morning I was trying to set up to record the game this afternoon and it **** the bed. Does anyone know if there is a way to record streaming video online to a dvd? I do have a DVD recorder in my laptop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I typically record all the Bills games to DVD... have been doing so for years. This morning I was trying to set up to record the game this afternoon and it **** the bed. Does anyone know if there is a way to record streaming video online to a dvd? I do have a DVD recorder in my laptop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I was trying to figure out how to record streaming video myself a few weeks ago (was hoping to set up my computer and record it, wasn't on TV here and I couldn't be around to watch it). I tried a bunch of things, but could not get the feed to record. Most of the solutions assumed that the feed was something like a youtube video, basically not a live feed. The only solution I could suggest is a screen video capture program, not a flash recorder. Problem with that is that it would get your whole desktop, but if the game is in fullscreen, it shouldn't make a difference.

First step is to forgot about the DVD burner.

It's a digital world and you need to capture the stream to a media file on your computer.

After it's captured you can choose to burn a DVD of the capture.

If you're using a above the board solution that incorporates something like windows media player, there is a free extension you can download that let's you record in windows media player, however than you get into the whole Digital Rights Management and you can hit a brick wall pretty fast.

If you're doing something a little less corporate friendly.

This seems like a good discussion:

http://all-streaming-media.com/download-streaming-videos-and-music/record_17_www.justin.tv-How-to-record-streaming-videos-from-Justin-TV.htm.

Recently I tried to transfer a program from MSG Network that I recorded on a tape to a DVD. I hooked up the VCR to my VCR/DVD recorder. My DVD recorder gave me an error message because although I could tape it on the other VCR, I'm not allowed to record it on a DVD due to a copyright that the DVD program recognized. There was something on the tape before that program & the DVD recorded the few seconds before the program came on & then stopped as soon as that program started playing.