Demetrius Bell

C-zone Umpa

really? spiller in the first round? we had and still have a lot of other areas of need and we picked a rb. i am terrified that we take aj green in the first round this year

What does Spiller have to do with my response to this?: "If the front office would draft the guys they are thinking about as 7th rounders and free agents in the first round, they'd look like geniuses!" Don't change the subject, follow along now.

What, the Director of Scouting is actually supposed to scout the players we draft BEFORE we draft them and not just phone it in from Jacksonville?

You're making my point, Thank you. The Director of Scouting doesn't choose the draft picks.

Edited by Buffalonian-at-Heart

You took what I was saying as a joke - that if the front office decided to take the players they want to take in the 7th round and free agency in the first round instead, they'd look like geniuses - and turned it into a federal case.

Modrak made most of the picks and he's still here. Apparently, not "pulling the names off the board" like he did after Donahoe and before Nix, but you asked this You think Modrak makes the draft picks? Really?

Here's what Mark Gaughan said:

Bills owner Ralph Wilson likes and respects Modrak and essentially has given him a pass on the Bills' bottom-line results. Former GM Tom Donahoe was the man pulling the names off the draft board from 2001 through 2005, and Wilson holds him largely responsible for the results from that period. After that, Modrak pulled the names off the board, but he wasn't as much of a "definitive voice," if you will, that Donahoe was and Nix is. Former coach Dick Jauron, for instance, was the deciding voice on the Aaron Maybin pick.

Let's see how D. Bell does against JA this weekend. JA started slow, but has started racking up sacks again the past few games. I like what I have seen from Bell so far this year....a solid performance tomorrow against a sack master would go a long way in sealing my confidence in DB being the answer at LT.

Wait, young players can improve???

Exactly!! What a concept,... you mean a player is not an automatic eternal bust with no capacity to improve, requiring immediate replacement with a high priced free agent or #1 pick because had some struggles in his first year starting in a highly dis-advantageous situation??