To be AT LEAST 9-7 in 2011

Sorry, I can't speculate right now as i am headed into a meeting, but you guys tell me to at least get to 9-7 what we would need.

Not a Super Bowl team, mind you, just 9-7.

For a quick example: three players - OT, pass rushing LB, DE...something like that.

If you have a name, go for it.

If you think the guys we have are getting good enough now without any changes, with due consideration to an easier schedule next year, feel free to shout that out, too.

Defense has to be top priority:

1. NT

2. LB

3. OL because you can never have enough quality in this area.

#1 - Pass Rushing DE in the mold of Dwight Freeney, Julius Peppers, Bruce Smith. Problem is, guys like this come around once or twice a decade. Remember when Mario Williams was gonna be the next Bruce or Dwight. Hasn't quite panned out.

#2 - A reliable pass catching TE in the vein of Jermichael Finley or Marcedes Lewis. Gotta get production out this position, can't believe the best thing since Pete Metzellars has been Jay Riemersma.

#3 - Linebackers. I don't care inside or out, pass rushing or run stuffing, this is the weakest link on the defense. Tight ends have torn apart this unit, opposing running backs have run wild, and overall this unit has been mediocre at best. They get by, they make tackles, but are there any disruptors - guys who change the way the offense plays? This unit, hell, this team, needs a Bart Scott, a (in his prime) Ray Lewis - a dynamic, playmaking linebacker.

#4 - A ball-hawking Safety. I don't need the best tackler in the world, I'll take Ed Reed over just about anybody at this position. This unit as it stands now is adequate, but they don't come up with big plays. How long did it take to get an interception this year from the safeties?

#5 - A stud LT. Find one like Joe Thomas or Jake Long, and the position is secure for 10 years.

And if they do all this in the next draft, maybe we'll hit .500 next year. Assuming the lock-out doesn't ruin the season. :wallbash:

I don't have the same concern for Edwards as some earlier posts. The transition from a 4-3 to a 3-4 was a big task. In addition, our OLB play has been inconsistent, at best. The horse is dead on that.

One thing I have noticed over the past few weeks is our defensive adjustments at halftime have been great. That's one decent indicator of his ability.