Veterans: I need your help

Griswold

I work for the Veterans Administration as an instructor for VA disability benefits. The General discharge is considered honorable for VA purposes. If a person receives an other than honorable discharge and files a claim with the VA we obtain the facts and circumstances. We make our own independent determination whether the character of discharge is honorable for VA purposes.

The person can also apply to the Military Board of Corrections or the Discharge Review Board to upgrade his/her discharge depending on the circumstances.

As to the effect that the character of discharge has on employment depends on the employer.

The toll free number to call the VA is 1-800-827-1000.

Tell those snot-nosed bastards that if they can't live up to the commitment that they signed on to, they should be prepared to face a future filled with failure. Because let's face it: if you're not smart enough to get out of the military with an Honorable discharge, you've got to be pretty damned stupid.

<edit>

Sorry, I just watched that 60 Minutes 2 thing with those punk deserters who ran off to Canada. If i had the chance, I'd kick all of those cowards in the teeth. Hope they give them all the firing squad for being deserters in time of war.</edit>

I didn't consider cowards into the equation......If you were active duty and ran to Canada...!@#$ em....kill em! That's desertion and is punishble by death by the UCMJ. My nephew is NYNG and is in country(ie IRAQ..as a reserve).......An active duty dude that runs...Pathetic.

Tell those snot-nosed bastards that if they can't live up to the commitment that they signed on to, they should be prepared to face a future filled with failure. Because let's face it: if you're not smart enough to get out of the military with an Honorable discharge, you've got to be pretty damned stupid.

<edit>

Sorry, I just watched that 60 Minutes 2 thing with those punk deserters who ran off to Canada. If i had the chance, I'd kick all of those cowards in the teeth. Hope they give them all the firing squad for being deserters in time of war.</edit>

154602[/snapback]

You should be a Mediator. You remind me of a stoic Henry Kissinger. :blink: