What was Whitner thinking???

jabtot

I watched that play again. It looked like Donte did not even notice it until it was to late. He was following the outside route and as soon as the QB threw the ball he tried getting to Megatron, but it was to late. I dont know if he was supposed to cover him, but it did look like he made an mistake.

I do not care if double coverage was called, if the coverage was a middle linebacker and strong safety, then the def. cord. needs to be fired. That is madness!

i dont know what was called there watching the link. Byrd was lined up on the other side of the field and rolls to the top of the screen covering the reciever at the goal line. it looks like whitner is lined up at the line almost next to poz. i am not sure the call there, but resulted in a burnt poz and whitner caught underneith, with byrd playing overtop the other reciever in the endzone. it looks likes either byrd made the wrong read, or maybe a safety blitz that whitner pulled up on and dropped into coverage, and poz was beat. but that doesnt make much sense since whitner was rolling over to the bottom of the screen doubling which ever reciever that was. it looks like a blown coverage call to me.

Thats not Whitner beside Poz, It's McKelvin and Scott that are down there. Whitner and byrd were deep, but it would appear Whitner rolled towards the sideline.

Anyway it's all over now, we won...! Here's to hoping that gets fixed this week..! But actually it seems there has been a couple other times this year that Kelsey or one of the line backers were burnt deep trying to cover a WR.

How we don't isolate Johnson with either McKelvin, Florence or a real CB and get help from one the safties is beyond me. How Edwards can set up a defense a not realize they would be goung to Johnson on every down as it seemed is beyond me. Thank God it rained and he dropped a few earlier in the drive. Edwards is in above his head. Only thing Edwards got right is letting Kelsay be a def end again rather than a LB as he looked good this game on the line drawing penalties and forcing plays.

How we don't isolate Johnson with either McKelvin, Florence or a real CB and get help from one the safties is beyond me. How Edwards can set up a defense a not realize they would be goung to Johnson on every down as it seemed is beyond me. Thank God it rained and he dropped a few earlier in the drive. Edwards is in above his head. Only thing Edwards got right is letting Kelsay be a def end again rather than a LB as he looked good this game on the line drawing penalties and forcing plays.

Agreed. In fact, that hire makes me question more than anything whether Gailey is in over his head as a head coach. I like Gailey's offensive mind. But, for him to thrive, it is necessary that he hire a smart-minded big time defensive coordinator, similar to the Chiefs hiring Crennel.