List of QB possibilities

I listed it by team according to who I thought may be available. Seattle, Tampa, Baltimore, New England, Oakland, and San Diego appear the most promising.

Seattle: Trent Dilfer, Brock Huard or Seneca Wallace.

Tampa Bay: Brian Griese, or Jason Garrett.

Philadelphia: Koy Detmer or Jeff Blake, maybe neither.

Baltimore: Kordell Stewart, Anthony Wright or Josh Harris.

San Diego: Drew Brees, Doug Flutie, or Joe Germaine.

Pittsburgh: Tommy Maddox, Brian St. Pierre, or Kurt Kittner.

New England: Jim Miller or Kliff Kingsbury

Oakland: Rich Gannon, Kerry Collins, Tee Martin, or Marques Tuiasosopo

Denver: Bradlee Van Pelt, Matt Mauck, Mike Quinn, or Danny Kanell

Cleveland: Kelly Holcomb, Luke McCown, Nate Hybl, or Todd Husak

Indianapolis: Joe Hamilton or Jim Sorgi

Miami: Jay Fiedler...could happen, they invested in Feely

street FAs Shane Matthews, and Chris Redman

I love when I spend 15 minutes putting together a post so I can get one thoughtful reply and then and endless string of silliness...  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

11080[/snapback]

Welcome to TBD!!!

Kerry Collins intrigues me,,Could use him like the giants did. Hand the ball off,,and throw a few selct safe passes..with the occasional bomb thrown in.. :doh:

I

11059[/snapback]

Shane Matthews is the most likely option.

It would be interesting if Gannon balks at taking big cut and Raiders release him in favor of Collins.

Jeff George hasn't played in a while. He would fit right in - big arm but lacking the intangibles

I listed it by team according to who I thought may be available.  Seattle, Tampa, Baltimore, New England, Oakland, and San Diego appear the most promising.

Seattle: Trent Dilfer, Brock Huard or Seneca Wallace.

Tampa Bay: Brian Griese, or Jason Garrett.

Philadelphia: Koy Detmer or Jeff Blake, maybe neither.

Baltimore: Kordell Stewart, Anthony Wright or Josh Harris.

San Diego: Drew Brees, Doug Flutie, or Joe Germaine.

Pittsburgh: Tommy Maddox, Brian St. Pierre, or Kurt Kittner.

New England: Jim Miller or Kliff Kingsbury

Oakland: Rich Gannon, Kerry Collins, Tee Martin, or Marques Tuiasosopo

Denver: Bradlee Van Pelt, Matt Mauck, Mike Quinn, or Danny Kanell

Cleveland: Kelly Holcomb, Luke McCown, Nate Hybl, or Todd Husak

Indianapolis: Joe Hamilton or Jim Sorgi

Miami: Jay Fiedler...could happen, they invested in Feely

11059[/snapback]

I would love Gannon if he was available.

Stewart b/c he can run for his life pretty well and knows and has 1 maybe 1.5 good seasons in MM O system. Also, if we do a 1 yr or 1-2 yr with Kordell with a very small Bonus we will have many options to par down from next year with Bledsoe/Losman/Stewart/T Brown.

Like I said in another post Flutie's brains/experience and scambling ability would be nice but it would not be pretty or healthy when DB has a bad home game or for that matter 1/2 of a game.

Would also love Tuiasosopo. J Harris or Bradlee VP for future QB competition would be great just not as a #2 this year.

Almost every team in the league is going to release someone who has some intriguing quality. The toughest guy to find is going to be someone with some starting experience, at least a few games, who still has at least a few miles left. Frankly, I'm not interested in a Seneca Wallace. I think we want a guy that at least short term can be plugged into the same offence the Bills run with Drew Bledsoe, not a runt who has to run around to be able to see downfield. Maybe Shane Matthews would fit the bill. Brian Griese is intriguing too. Other guys I'd consider are Anthony Wright and Tuiasosopo. NOt on your list is Ricky Ray. He started in the CFL last year and was brilliant. It's far from the NFL, but I think he has good qualities to be an NFL backup. The Jets signed Quincy Carter, so Ricky Ray might get released.