I think we all agree with Coach Tomlin

scurdog1

"You let me know when you hear a whistle,'' Tomlin said. "That's one of my contentions. There's been a de-emphasis on the whistle, as far as I'm concerned, in the National Football League and I don't agree with it. We talk about player safety, yet we don't blow whistles at the end of football plays. So that's kind of a misnomer when you're talking about the whistle. What we want to do is play till the action ceases."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/26/tomlin-takes-a-shot-at-the-nfl/

enough said....

"You let me know when you hear a whistle,'' Tomlin said. "That's one of my contentions. There's been a de-emphasis on the whistle, as far as I'm concerned, in the National Football League and I don't agree with it. We talk about player safety, yet we don't blow whistles at the end of football plays. So that's kind of a misnomer when you're talking about the whistle. What we want to do is play till the action ceases."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/26/tomlin-takes-a-shot-at-the-nfl/

enough said....

I like it. The guy speaks the truth. I think everyone is tired of the ticky-tack nature of NFL officiating. So many technicalities are ruining games, it's absurd. Let the game be played the way it's supposed to be, and not exactly "by the book" to the last detail.

If it appears to be a catch by the standards the NFL has always had, rule it a catch. If it appears to be a fumble as a fumble has ALWAYS been ruled, then let it be a fumble. There should be more judgement calls by officials. They're turning every play into a legal matter, with every detail scrutinized. That will only hurt the game.

I like it. The guy speaks the truth. I think everyone is tired of the ticky-tack nature of NFL officiating. So many technicalities are ruining games, it's absurd. Let the game be played the way it's supposed to be, and not exactly "by the book" to the last detail.

If it appears to be a catch by the standards the NFL has always had, rule it a catch. If it appears to be a fumble as a fumble has ALWAYS been ruled, then let it be a fumble. There should be more judgement calls by officials. They're turning every play into a legal matter, with every detail scrutinized. That will only hurt the game.

It's easy to say this, until one of those "judgment calls" cost your team a win.

It's easy to say this, until one of those "judgment calls" cost your team a win.

Corner's Int should have been called in our favor. The fumble in the PIT vs. Miami game should have gone to the Dolphins. The "by the book" nature of the calls cost each of these teams the game.

The thing that further complicates things is that you basically have a different set of rules for plays in the end zone as compared to rest of field. If a player at the 30 yard line were to extend the ball to try and make the first down at the 29, but in the process fumbles the ball while falling to the ground, it's a live ball. But at the goal line once you cross the plane it's a TD regardles what happens afterwards.