Fitzpatrick might be a good QB After ALL

mousetrap08

Can anybody say that the QB play has been bad since Fitzy took took over as the starting QB.I know I can't.If anybody can give me a good reaason right now, give me your opinion if you can give a legit reason. Our problem is on the defensive side of the ball right now. They can't stop the run.

IMHO .... I've never felt a team NEEDS a "franchise" QB of the Manning, Brees, Rivers ilk .... it would be nice for sure ... but it's not an absolute need. A good team should do just fine with a "good" QB and a good supporting cast (defense & special teams). Trent Dilfer went to the freakin' super bowl for gods sake. Also IMHO sometimes a team hurts itself trying to reach for that franchise QB when he's really not there at the detriment of filling other glowing needs within the team.

I'm not an astute enough fan to know if Fitz will be a bad, good, or great QB in the future (and the posters who just KNOW he is no better than a back-up make me laugh)... but he sure looks good enough lately to allow us to direct our draft picks to defensive players, unless one of those once in a lifetime can't miss QBs fall into our lap.

You're not wrong, there's just 8 other threads talking about the same thing.

P.S. Dont bump your own thread it reeks of desperation

your right I noticed the same thing but Iam not desperate it was just a popualr subject today. :beer: thank you for your response

Edited by shadowcat10

Can anybody say that the QB play has been bad since Fitzy took took over as the starting QB.I know I can't.If anybody can give me a good reaason right now, give me your opinion if you can give a legit reason. Our problem is on the defensive side of the ball right now. They can't stop the run.

Thank you, Mr. Obvious

IMHO .... I've never felt a team NEEDS a "franchise" QB of the Manning, Brees, Rivers ilk .... it would be nice for sure ... but it's not an absolute need. A good team should do just fine with a "good" QB and a good supporting cast (defense & special teams). Trent Dilfer went to the freakin' super bowl for gods sake. Also IMHO sometimes a team hurts itself trying to reach for that franchise QB when he's really not there at the detriment of filling other glowing needs within the team.

I'm not an astute enough fan to know if Fitz will be a bad, good, or great QB in the future (and the posters who just KNOW he is no better than a back-up make me laugh)... but he sure looks good enough lately to allow us to direct our draft picks to defensive players, unless one of those once in a lifetime can't miss QBs fall into our lap.

well said because Iam not a personell guy either all I know is if a player plays well or not. But I do know that FITzy is playing better than expected football right now so I have to give him the respect that he has earned right now he has taken advantage of the oppertunity that has been given and has shined veyy brightly with it.GO BILLS :thumbsup: