Never felt so good about a loss

nodnarb

•  
  • Fitz is a gamer. Not Manning, but a good QB who will be the perfect guy to school a developing QB. Smart, gutsy, understands situations. Unlike any QB we've had in a long, long time. Just wish that Trent hadn't been so good in practice to distract the coaches from the obvious choice for gameday. Might have won those first two games when our defense was showing up.
  • We have a #2 receiver, it just took a while for him to emerge.
  • Anyone notice how well our OLine blocked the freaking Ravens? Cord Howard looked better than anyone we've had at RT since Butler's second season. Bell did a fine job, too.
  • Best playcalling I've seen from the Bills in a long, long time. And they kept delivering despite playing such a dominant D. I think Chan's gonna give us consistent production.

The bad:

• Fu%$ing refs. If forward progress doesn't happen when the defenders pick you up and drive you backwards, then there's no such thing as forward progress.
  • Maybin was a healthy scratch today, which tells me that that Jauron selection will be traded for a ham sandwich this offseason. We can always pretend he was injured or something.
  • Where the hell is Byrd? I haven't seen him make a play all season. Makes me wonder if it's scheme-related, cuz I'm not going to question his ability. I will, however, question Whitner's. Talk about hands of stone - he had the game in his hands. Man I can't stand guys with big mouths who play small.
  • Hold on to the fu%$ing ball.

The defense played well in the first game, against the Dolphins. The Packers embarrassed them the next week, and they have been bad from weeks 2 through 7. Give them some credit though, as bad as they were today, they did make some timely plays, and held the Ravens a few times.

As for Byrd, I am afraid that all those "naysayers" who said he was "in the right place at the right time" last year (as nearly every one of his record sitting int's came off a terribly overthrown pass) were right. He has been awful this year. He can't cover anyone, he doesn't tackle well...and always seems out of position to make a play. His biggest hit today was on Donte Whitner, during Todd Heaps first TD reception.

I was so pissed off about the Nelson fumble. I couldn't believe the whistle hadn't blown. After seeing the replay tonight though, it appears that Nelson was off the ground, and some of his teammates were pushing the pile forward, so, I guess, forward progress hadn't stopped. I do wonder, however, if he hadn't fumbled, if the refs would have taken yards away from him, because teammates are not supposed to be able to push the ball carrier forward. Nightmare of a play. I can't say I really blame Nelson that much.