Cal Was Screwed In Both Polls

Mark VI

After #4 Cal beat Southern Miss. 26-16 last week, it was revealed that 9 AP voters ( 3 from Texas ) suddenly put Texas ahead of Cal.

In the Coaches poll, where Texas coach Mack Brown was making multiple phone calls to fellow Coaches, 2 coaches suddenly dropped Cal all the way to 7th ! 2 others dropped them down to 8th ! Secret ballot. No accountability. The "old boys network" of Coaches used there secret ballots to give Mack Brown and Texas a gift. Cal gets robbed of their first Rose Bowl in 45 years.

What a fix ! This whole voting setup and current BCS structure is a total sham ! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Sorry Bluefire but that doesn't wash. The Coaches scream about integrity and then these wild swings in the final vote, hidden from the public. Gutless and screams of lobbying. Doesn't look good no matter how you window dress it.

I'm an Ohio St. fan and have no feelings for Cal. I can still smell a rat named Mack Brown making calls to other Coaches. Boy, his respect level just keeps getting better. Can't beat the Sooners and crys for past BCS snubbings. Sounds like payback and the press is right to point it out.

Sorry Bluefire but that doesn't wash. The Coaches scream about integrity and then these wild swings in the final vote, hidden from the public. Gutless and screams of lobbying. Doesn't look good no matter how you window dress it.

I'm an Ohio St. fan and have no feelings for Cal. I can still smell a rat named Mack Brown making calls to other Coaches. Boy, his respect level just keeps getting better. Can't beat the Sooners and crys for past BCS snubbings. Sounds like payback and the press is right to point it out.

152958[/snapback]

Did you even read the post?

Here's a shortbus version of it:

If none of those votes changed, Texas STILL would have leaped past cal.

I suggest you find a school to root for whose academics matches their football team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.