Is Poz a cornerstone?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poz has a big heart, and appears to be a team leader. However, he can't tackle very well and his size prohibits any real assault on the offense.

I think this is key. I went to the last two games (yes, I know, but I went anyway), and Poz is really small. As MLB, I think his job against the run is to fill the gaps, but he just gets pushed around too much.

Poz one of the better players on an overall poor unit? Well, last year our secondary was highly regarded, but our linebackers weren't very good. Those guys put up and showed that they can play good under certain conditions. Poz has never shown he can be a part of a good LB corps. I think he would make a good LB corps if he were surrounded by very good players, but I think if he's asked to elevate and carry a group, then he cannot do so.

A more troubling question, in my opinion, is this: If Kelsay is worth 6 million a year, what would they pay Poz? :huh: I mean, dump that salary, whatever it'd be, and dump Kelsay's, and we might have 11 million a year to work with - and if you spent that right you could end up with a couple of much better players. I think when it comes to resigning Poz we have to be very wary of setting a bad presidence by overpaying him, too. If we are paying the likes of those two big money, then what would a really talented player demand? If you were Merriman, what would you demand if you knew Kelsay was getting - and just got renewed at - 6 million? He's got to say 11 or 12 million, right? That's nuts. But, at the same time, he could very well be twice as good as Kelsay, and he could very well produce 3 or 4 times as many sacks.

How they handle that position will be very telling, I think.

I think he is injury prone and while on the field hasn't shown to be an impact player. He's a nice player, but not a "cornerstone" player.

thats it exactly he's a good player, without good players around him. If we can build around him he will be okay if we don't then we will look to him to do things he can't do.

I think this is key. I went to the last two games (yes, I know, but I went anyway), and Poz is really small. As MLB, I think his job against the run is to fill the gaps, but he just gets pushed around too much.

He is so small that he literaly gets picked up and tossed aside, making it more difficult than ever to make an impact on the defense.