Florio - Non truth teller

Mike Florio comes on the morning sports talk show in Charlotte NC every Wednesday. Guys like Florio take assumptions and try to say they're truths. He was asked to talk about a couple of topics.

The first was the Favre situation. He interrupted the hosts and said "Lets not pretend that's not his voice on the voice mail, that's him. We've all heard him talk, that's his voice." It might be him, but lets not pretend that someone can't mimic his voice and potentially conspire Favre. What happened to letting the facts come out first?

The second was the Moss situation, specifically with Brady. They were talking about Brady's involvement in Moss getting traded. The hosts were quoting Brady as he told some radio stations that he wasn't a part of Moss getting traded. Florio said "I don't believe that."He went on to say "There's no way a franchise QB, Super Bowl winning QB, isn't consulted in that decision. He was heavily involved in that decision, and there's no way they trade Moss without Brady's approval." Again, this may be true. But Brady said it isn't. So Florio just disregards what Brady says and concludes he's lying and it is true. Then starts writing articles saying it's fact, instead of that it's his opinion that Brady was consulted.

Edited by Buffalonian-at-Heart

Mike Florio comes on the morning sports talk show in Charlotte NC every Wednesday. Guys like Florio take assumptions and try to say they're truths. He was asked to talk about a couple of topics.

The first was the Favre situation. He interrupted the hosts and said "Lets not pretend that's not his voice on the voice mail, that's him. We've all heard him talk, that's his voice." It might be him, but lets not pretend that someone can't mimic his voice and potentially conspire Favre. What happened to letting the facts come out first?

The second was the Moss situation, specifically with Brady. They were talking about Brady's involvement in Moss getting traded. The hosts were quoting Brady as he told some radio stations that he wasn't a part of Moss getting traded. Florio said "I don't believe that."He went on to say "There's no way a franchise QB, Super Bowl winning QB, isn't consulted in that decision. He was heavily involved in that decision, and there's no way they trade Moss without Brady's approval." Again, this may be true. But Brady said it isn't. So Florio just disregards what Brady says and concludes he's lying and it is true. Then starts writing articles saying it's fact, instead of that it's his opinion that Brady was consulted.

You are so right about the Favre thingy. And it also could have been someone that looked like Kobe or big Ben not raping those girls. Some people will do anything to frame an otherwise wonderful citizen of high moral character.

Speaking of the Favre thingy; I'm pretty sure Deanna will know if the photos of the Favre thingy were genuine.

I don't care about the Brady/Moss topic but the part about Moss telling Brady he looks like a girl certainly sounds plausible.

Edited by ieatcrayonz

First of all, it shouldn't be a shock that a reporter - especially one who lives on "inside info" and rumors - claims something to be true that may or may not be true. That's their business, it happens.

Regarding Favre, I'd tend to believe it really is him, but that's my opinion. For the most part, athletes - no matter how much we've held them to certain standards and how much we believe they could adhere to them - think they're above the law. This is likely what Roethlisberger and Kobe Bryant thought as they were in the middle of their "situations"...even if they were caught, they'd wiggle out of it somehow. This is why I'd think it's really Favre who sent the voicemails and the pictures. A clear error in judgment, but I wouldn't put it past him.

As for Brady, of course he's going to say he had no role in this. Because he's the face of that franchise, he can't come out and say he wanted Moss gone. That damages his reputation. That said, I agree with Florio's opinion - Brady is not only the face of the franchise, but he's the leader of that team and a SB-winning, HoF QB. About the only way Brady wouldn't be consulted is Belichick's ego...i.e., he may not care what any of his players think.

First of all, it shouldn't be a shock that a reporter - especially one who lives on "inside info" and rumors - claims something to be true that may or may not be true. That's their business, it happens.

Let's not confuse reporter and blogger. Florio posts regurgitated info and adds his opinion. He's not a reporter. You'll never see him in a locker room or on the sidelines at training camp. But he will tell you what those people wrote, and add some sort of patronizing quip or decade-old pop-culture reference to top it off.

To think that is not Favre is so freaking absurd. Do you guys live in lala land or what? First, if it wasn't him the first thing he would do is scream "Hey that's not my d*** or Hey, that is not my cell phone number or It can't be me I like guys!". I'd say anything so my wife doesn't take half. But what do we hear "I have to focus on the Jets right now, ask me about the football game". Favre does a great interpretation of Mark McGwire. I bet you all think McGwire didn't do steroids until this past April when he finally quasi admitted it. You probably think Lance Armstrong was clean too. Wake the F up. And one more rant, Favre's actions are not an error in judgement, sending naked pics of yourself to anyone that hasn't asked for them is predatory and perverted. He is not as bad as Rapist Ben, who should be in jail and out of football forever, but he is not very far behind. I know, I know Brett is an icon so lets protect him.

Edited by Conch

To think that is not Favre is so freaking absurd. Do you guys live in lala land or what? First, if it wasn't him the first thing he would do is scream "Hey that's not my d*** or Hey, that is not my cell phone number or It can't be me I like guys!". I'd say anything so my wife doesn't take half. But what do we hear "I have to focus on the Jets right now, ask me about the football game". Favre does a great interpretation of Mark McGwire. I bet you all think McGwire didn't do steroids until this past April when he finally quasi admitted it. You probably think Lance Armstrong was clean too. Wake the F up. And one more rant, Favre's actions are not an error in judgement, sending naked pics of yourself to anyone that hasn't asked for them is predatory and perverted. He is not as bad as Rapist Ben, who should be in jail and out of football forever, but he is not very far behind. I know, I know Brett is an icon so lets protect him.

Slow down little boy. The point of the post is not to argue whether its Favre or not. It's you don't know, so the only thing you can do is say I think it is. You need to wake up and learn how to read. How you got Favre's an icon and I'm trying to protect him out of what I wrote, can only be explained by your extreme stupidity. You're stupidity in this whole post is the only thing not an opinion.

"He is not as bad as Rapist Ben, who should be in jail and out of football forever, but he is not very far behind." This sentence is proof positive of your denseness.

Edited by Buffalonian-at-Heart

Mike Florio is very accurate in what he writes. He cites sources and always gives credit to other writers when he posts information that they have already posted. He also acknowledges on the rare occassion if something he posts turns out to be inaccurate. Perhaps what he was stating was his opinion on the radio show. If you read PFT they've posted several things about both the Farve and Moss situations. Nowhere on PFT do they pronounce Farve guilty. They have simply reported what is or isnt taking place with regards to the NFL's investigation and the Jets/Sterger's cooperation. With regard to the Moss story from what you wrote he was stating his opinion which sounds pretty dead on- a Franchise QB is going to have some imput or at least be consulted before trading one of the teams best offensive weapons. PFT initially reported Casserly's assertion about the Moss/Brady confrontation. Then they posted King's response that the information was false and Florio even went on to point out he was with King as he called around trying to ascertain the truth saying he was thorough and diligent before refuting Casserly's statements.

Take this to Minnesota where somebody might care.

If it was just the voicemail by itself i suppose there is a tiny room for doubt. I'm sure vm's can be faked by some industrious blackmailer. But sorry, the voicemails added to Favre's responses when asked about this situation bury him - he doesn't deny the story because he knows it will just be worse for him when the nfl finds out the truth and he lied on the record.

As far as the brady item goes, you should really re-read things before you bury someone. Your post complains about florio passing off his opinion as fact. But the first words you quote from him are "I don't believe.." usually that connotes an opinion, not a settled fact. Florio was just saying he doesn't believe the story coming from the Pats - an opinion. Given that team and its coach's track record, i don't blame him.