@ Reports about Bills not shopping Lynch...Bull.

NixFan

Buddy Nix:

"...I don’t understand what good it does to go through the summer or the preseason with a draft pick in your pocket that you can’t use till April. Why not do it when we did it. It’s the same draft pick, it’s in our pocket and we can’t use it ‘till April."

Well, I don't disagree with Nix completely, as you want to field the best possible product you can on the field, and atleast in the preseason the Bills looked much improved over last year.

But you and I both know, that when the Bills brought on J. Bell, C. Simpson, and Anderson (who is now on the roster) it was to prepare a RB should Lynch not cooperate/ or be moved.

I think what ultimately happened was that they held onto their Lynch card for too long, and overplayed their hand.

I've repeatedly stated on here how shocked I was to see both C. Simpson and J. Bell be let go, after the amazing pre season these 2 guys had. Even Anderson looked good. I thought that Lynch would have been traded in April, then during the preseason after Simpson and Bell proved their mettle.

Well, they did not do that, we lost the services of both Bell (Philly) and Simpson (Washington), only to finally relent and trade Lynch to Seattle.

I also think we got boned in the deal, too. Lynch is still a young, tough, 1,000 yard Pro Bowl RB. He was drafted in the Top 15 in 2008. New England sends an elderly Richard Seymour to Oakland for a 1st round pick, then sends Moss to Minnesota after getting mucho production out of him and gets a 3rd when they got him from Oakland for a 4th!! We trade a Pro Bowler to Seattle who was a 1st round pick for a 4th and a 6th?

We held on too long.