RedSkins 2008 Draft: Devin Thomas

Hello all, I'm a long time reader, first time poster.

NFL.Com Article: The Washington Redskins on Saturday released wide receiver Devin Thomas, a 2008 second-round draft pick who failed to impress new coach Mike Shanahan.

Thomas had trouble running routes correctly and was dogged by questions about his work ethic, wide receiver Malcolm Kelly hasn't been able to stay healthy and is on injured reserve, and tight end Fred Davis is stuck behind Chris Cooley.

I read this article about Devin Thomas, the one year star WR from MSU taken in Rd2 of the 2008 draft not makiing the squad and it humbles me a bit and puts me in my place for all my draft day rumblings. I thouht the Skins draft that year was stacked and would have loved for the Bills to have picked up any of these three players, as well as Colt Brennen who they got in the late rounds of that draft, but this shows how little I know, and makes it a little less painful to have watched and hoped for James Hardy to have turned out when that crop of wideouts was supposed to be so promising were still on the board. Everyone was after tall recivers that year, and its little Desean Jackson who is the star of the group.

LINK: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81b2ea6e/article/redskins-release-wr-thomas-a-former-secondround-pick?module=HP_headlines

I read this article about Devin Thomas, the one year star WR from MSU taken in Rd2 of the 2008 draft not makiing the squad and it humbles me a bit and puts me in my place for all my draft day rumblings.

Don't worry -- you couldn't possibly have as many misses as Tom Modrak.