internet speeds and game feeds

bowery4

Anybody know about internet speeds my feeds for the games worked badly yesterday and I wondered if this was why.

Download Speed: 3871 kbps (483.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 470 kbps (58.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 68 ms

I am in Thailand so I expect it to be slower than advertised but I pay for 2mb service.

Anybody know? Am I getting anywhere near what I pay for it? Is it too slow to get good connections? I am not sure what the speed was during the game but those are what I get now.

I just checked my download speed, it's about 5500 kbps. For streaming internet feeds, that's the only number out of the ones you have listed that would really matter. I've streamed a few hockey/football games recently and they were a little choppy at times but watchable.

The only other issue you might have is the speed of your computer itself. If you have an old/slow computer that can't keep up with the feed, nothing else will really help that.

I think both of these download rates (3.8 and 5.5 mb/s) should be sufficient for good streaming. Of course, that rate may fluctuate and may cause buffering occasionally.

I'm beginning to think that my video card is holding me back a bit. I purchased the DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket streaming service. I can watch at MEDIUM quality and it works very well. But as soon as I try to go to HIGH, it's very jerky and never gets smooth. I would really love to be able to go to HIGH, because when I send to my big screen TV, the difference is significant.

My laptop has a good dual core processor and good memory and my download rate is very good. The only other thing I can think of is that damn video card.