Fitz as starter allows coaches to move on

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Geez. How does cutting Edwards make this "evaluation" any easier faster or better than benching him?

The release (and how it was handled) is what people were/are bitching about. Not letting Fitz or Brohm play.

Its not just that Fitz is starting but they also want Brohm to at least be number 2. Did you not see Gailey's press conference. He had a look of disgust at the thought of sticking TE into the role of being the scout QB, the job the #3 has. The point is it would have been extremely embarrassing for Trent, with the C on his jersey, to be running the scout team. Gailey and Nix did the right thing for TE and for the team by cutting him. I'm sure Trent is already loads happier going to Jacksonville. Even if he is #3 there he will be new on the team with nobody on the team feeling sorry for him that he was demoted so far.

So could we stop the stupid talk that it was OK to bench TE but not cut him. It was NECESSARY to cut him if the thought was the new #2 should be Brohm. And I think many agree that it makes a ton more sense at this point to give Brohm a shot versus giving TE yet another shot later this year.

Nice post, Jay. Your 1986 comparison ain't too shabby, although we might really be in 1985. Next year we get our Kelly.

I'm can support that. 1985 it is.

'course, in 1985 we still had Hank Bullough didn't we?

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

Good post Jay.

IMO, and many here disagree, the OL will resolve itself. I really think it's fine, just a tweak more and gain experience. I know Nix agrees. Levitre, Wood and Urbick were considered the top 3 OL on Buffalo's board and Buddy seems outwardly ecstatic to have them all. Add in Demetrius Bell -whom 2 separate coaching staffs hail as the 'second coming' athletically -but who didn't play football until very late, and the only pieces left are center/Hangartner upgrade and experience. Flamethrowers B word they're all wasted picks, but intelligent fans know it takes a couple/few years to truely learn how to effectively play NFL OL. That the 'Core 4' are so young, bodes very well for the long term future of the team. Barring devastating injuries, our OL should soon be great!

As for WR's/TE, Shawn Nelson showed flashes of freak playmaking ability, though he may be better suited to a Boldin-type WR. Fitz gave us the first real look @ WR with his -you know- down field throws Sunday, that our WR's can operate/get open/catch the damn ball -though the jury is still our on how well and consistently they can perform.

I don't think the 3-headed RB monster will last past this years' trading deadline. Just don't..

As for expanded playbook, any playbook is considered 'expanded' by DJ's measure. Directed by an Ivy League (caliber??) QB, this shouldn't be an issue.

Just my 2 cents.

great post it's called letting the other players develop...With Trent it would have been the horrible line but as we'll see and are seeing the line isn't that bad