Are You Kidding Me - Contract Extension for Kelsay

box0life

I'm sorry, I don't care what this guy brings as far as leadership. The guy certainly doesn't warrant a raise and contract extension. Hell, I was hoping he would get cut so we could save money on the cap next year. Hell, I can bring leadership and I can be a stand up guy in the locker room and I will do it for $100,000 a year. But this guy should not be starting as a LB in this league. Quite honestly, if he is starting at LB next year I would be amazed. He just doesn't have the speed to cover TE's or running backs out in the flat or down the seem. A contract extension for $24 million to a guy that should not start. That's unbelievable. That's Schobel numbers. You won't even be able to trade this guy with that kind of salary and extension.

I am now convinced that this team is absolutely going in the wrong direction. Cutting your starting QB and now signing this guy to a multiple year extension. Now other teams fans are now laughing at us not just players on opposing teams. You think Whitner is upset with other teams laughing at the players, what about other teams fans laughing at us Bills fans. This could quite honestly be one of the most horrible contract extensions this team has ever done, and just think of the cap space this guy takes up for the next several years. Unbelievable. Give me a respirator. Please tell me this is a joke!!!!!

I think Kelsay is a good player, but extending him doesn't make a lot od sense and here's where I'm coming from...

1) he's 30 and the Bills are in rebuild mode

2) if they're staying with the 3-4, then we could either get a very good pass rushing LB for $6M or two pretty decent ones for that kind of money

3) I don't think Jason Taylor's getting that kind of money and at OLB he brings a lot more to the table

4) It's $6m that could be spent toward signing a real LT