Lawyer Milloy...are we overpaying??

LabattBlue

Listen...I realize we were desparate and Milloy is a upgrade over Wire or Prioleau, but I'm not sure this guy is worth the money we are paying him. There was a running play in the first quarter, where LM tried to shoulder tackle Rhodes and he ran right through him. Luckily the play got called back because of a penalty. I gave him the benefit of the doubt last year when he had no training camp under his belt, but I expect a LOT more from him this year considering the money we are paying him.

No we are not overpaying him....this guy was an all-pro in New England and is a force in our secondary. We wouldnt have had a number two defense last season if receivers and quarterbacks werent afraid of this guy. Im sick of the Coy Wire bandwagon. One missed tackle in a pre season game and you want to write him off? Last weeks game Milloy was the only thing that prevented Chris Brown from running 80 yds for a TD.

No we are not overpaying him....this guy was an all-pro in New England and is a force in our secondary.  We wouldnt have had a number two defense last season if receivers and quarterbacks werent afraid of this guy.  Im sick of the Coy Wire bandwagon.  One missed tackle in a pre season game and you want to write him off?  Last weeks game Milloy was the only thing that prevented Chris Brown from running 80 yds for a TD.

10902[/snapback]

Two points...I am not on the Coy Wire bandwagon, as I stated that Milloy is an UPGRADE over CW and PP. Second, I don't care what Milloy DID in New England, I am only concerned with what he can do this year. Like I said, hopefully with a training camp under his belt he will be more of an impact player this year.