A QB Needs To Make Plays

cale

I know a lot of folks say TE doesn't have a good enough O-line. And I would agree with them. But countless QBs make plays when it counts even with a crappy OL. Aaron Rodgers is a case in point. Last year, everyone on TV pointed out that the GB line was going to get him killed. He was sacked 50+ times last year. Yet, he still made plays.

Edwards is incapable of doing just that. Go to BB.com and look at the highlight reel from yesterday's game. You can see the terror in Trent's eyes. Defensive players feed off that. It also demoralizes your own team when you see your own QB play scared. It's not right or fair. But the QB needs to be the guy the rest of the team feeds of off. Trent is not that guy.

I remember how bad Rob Johnson was behind a crappy line and how great that line looked when Flutie started playing.

Edwards' time in Buffalo is done. Time for someone new. I was astounded when they didn't replace him midway thru the 3rd quarter. They did that here in Nashville.

I want the Bills to sign Garcia or Leftwich (he'd have a chance at a long term starting position) this week. This is just ridiculous.

Brohm can start when we don't have a mathematical chance of achieving anything this year.

C

Edited by cale

It's funny how when a team sucks, they usually throw it 45+ times in an attempt to dig out of a hole and rack up a lot of garbage time passing numbers. Trent and this offense are incapable of producing even that, it's incredible! They're gonna top off at about 170-180 yds per game on offense which is putrid. It's very strange to watch Trent play. He doesn't really know when to release the ball?!? It's like he gives himself 0.5 second to scan deep and then decides it's not there so he goes underneath, often times to a guy that is blanketed. He has no awareness back there so he doesn't know how or when to step up in the pocket and buy time, let alone make a play (i.e. see Matt Shaub yesterday for a clinic on how to buy yourself an extra couple seconds against a fierce pass rush). This aspect alone should earn Fitz a start let alone the leadership aspects (or lackthereof in Trent's case).

Bottom line is that the O-line is below average, the WR's are below average and this QB manages to make them all way worse! I'll continue to say that Gailey and Nix are not complete morons. They know this guy can't be a part of the Bills future plans....he simply can't play QB. I gotta believe they are biting the bullett now in the hopes of getting RYan Mallett or one of the big names in the draft.

It's funny how when a team sucks, they usually throw it 45+ times in an attempt to dig out of a hole and rack up a lot of garbage time passing numbers. Trent and this offense are incapable of producing even that, it's incredible! They're gonna top off at about 170-180 yds per game on offense which is putrid. It's very strange to watch Trent play. He doesn't really know when to release the ball?!? It's like he gives himself 0.5 second to scan deep and then decides it's not there so he goes underneath, often times to a guy that is blanketed. He has no awareness back there so he doesn't know how or when to step up in the pocket and buy time, let alone make a play (i.e. see Matt Shaub yesterday for a clinic on how to buy yourself an extra couple seconds against a fierce pass rush). This aspect alone should earn Fitz a start let alone the leadership aspects (or lackthereof in Trent's case).

Bottom line is that the O-line is below average, the WR's are below average and this QB manages to make them all way worse! I'll continue to say that Gailey and Nix are not complete morons. They know this guy can't be a part of the Bills future plans....he simply can't play QB. I gotta believe they are biting the bullett now in the hopes of getting RYan Mallett or one of the big names in the draft.

I agree completely except for one thing. I don't believe in sacrificing an entire season and reasonable defensive efforts just for a high draft pick. Nothing is promised for next season. Best to do what we can to improve the team now - within reason.

C

Without a doubt, tanking a season for a draft pick is a terrible idea and I do not believe that even the Bills would stoop this low. Besides, if you really want "the guy" in a draft trade up and go get him.

I agree completely except for one thing. I don't believe in sacrificing an entire season and reasonable defensive efforts just for a high draft pick. Nothing is promised for next season. Best to do what we can to improve the team now - within reason.

C

Without a doubt, tanking a season for a draft pick is a terrible idea and I do not believe that even the Bills would stoop this low. Besides, if you really want "the guy" in a draft trade up and go get him.

Yep.

And apparently neither does our coach. Trent benched. One might say at this point he is "entrenched on the bench."